99 Tahoe 4dr ... 2nd fuel tank?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadowz Edge

Reaction score
I was curious as to if anyone has successfully added a 2nd fuel tank either from a 2dr Tahoe or a Burb to the 4drs along with part numbers and pictures or even a full on write up would be nice.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wrong button
anyway ya long time ago guy added a second mid tank and added a second filler neck next to the original one. all i remember he said he used parts from a 2dr or something that has the gm mid tank. also parts from a dual tank gm pickup.

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As if 30 gallons of fuel isn't enough. As far as I know, only the Suburban has a larger standard fuel tank, 42 gallons if memory serves.

My F-350. short wheelbase, came with a 29 gallon tank. A company in California made a 46 gallon replacement tank which I had installed at their factory. Great decision.

Because I could come to the factory, they had a special deal with a reduced rate at at a local motel, so I came the night before, showed up early in the morning, they removed my fuel from the OEM tank, installed the new 46 gallon tank, then pumped in my fuel. $100.00 plus the cost of the tank. This in the year 2005.

These days I always put in fuel preservative in the diesel fuel I use.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shadowz Edge

Shadowz Edge

Reaction score
As if 30 gallons of fuel isn't enough. As far as I know, only the Suburban has a larger standard fuel tank, 42 gallons if memory serves.

My F-350. short wheelbase, came with a 29 gallon tank. A company in California made a 46 gallon replacement tank which I had installed at their factory. Great decision.

Because I cou8ld come to the factory, they had a special deal with a reduced rate at at a local motel, so I came the night before, showed up early in the morning, they removed my fuel from the OEM tank, installed the new 46 gallon tank, then pumped in my fuel. $100.00 plus the cost of the tank. This in the year 2005.

These days I always put in fuel preservative in the diesel fuel I used

Thanks for the info. Would you happen to know if the burb tank would even fit under the back end of a 4dr Tahoe? I know that I would be losing the stock spare tire location but was seriously considering relocating it anyways.

As for the amount of fuel, this vehicle is being planned to make roughly 1,600 mile trips and would like to stop as little as possible for refueling.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Shadowz Edge

Shadowz Edge

Reaction score
wrong button
anyway ya long time ago guy added a second mid tank and added a second filler neck next to the original one. all i remember he said he used parts from a 2dr or something that has the gm mid tank. also parts from a dual tank gm pickup.

I wouldn't mind doing a single filler for ease and fill both tanks at once. I would just like to know more on how they did theirs but I'm not having any luck even with Google regarding this.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would be just as different and out there as the duallie s10 i also seen a number of years ago. probably wont find much if anything on either. do what you can to increase your mpg before and during the trip. on the highway driving with the intent on keeping my mpg as high as possible with some of the stuff i have on the truck ive seen a little over 18 mpg on my 97

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The company that made my 46 gallon replacement tank is https://www.transferflow.com. I'd call them to see if they can help you.

My 30 gallon Yukon fuel tank should be good for 420 miles, assuming 15 mpg and 28 gallons usable fuel. Refueling at 400 miles should be safe enough in most parts of the US, except Arizona and New Mexico which have major distances between gas stations.

Starting out full, you refuel at 400 & 800 miles and at your 1200 mile destination. Pitstops for food and rest room visits combined with refueling should work well.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
would be just as different and out there as the duallie s10 i also seen a number of years ago. probably wont find much if anything on either. do what you can to increase your mpg before and during the trip. on the highway driving with the intent on keeping my mpg as high as possible with some of the stuff i have on the truck ive seen a little over 18 mpg on my 97
Thought you might like this.Screenshot_20180805-133439_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20180805-133445_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20180805-133431_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20180805-133435_Photos.jpg
Dually S10 with a V8.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup one i seen was the previous body style but still wierd and unique. the one i seen still had the original v6 tho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2015YukonDen

Latest posts