99 k2500 Suburban rear bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

staatsof

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need to replace my rear bumper. The plastic bits are still good but typically it's almost the same price or less for just the entire thing with lights and support arms.
I've seen one OEM( bumper cover only) for $400. So are the OEM ones better quality or were the last ones they made just like the Chinese ones? NLA from GM now.

Thanks

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My suspicion is that you have two sources for new body parts: China or leftover dealer stock GM. Well, three if you count a salvage yard.

I’d bet that there are only a handful that actually make the parts and any cost difference that you see reflects retailer markup rather than an increase in quality.

If you have the part number, dealers can search nationwide inventory to see if anyone still has one in stock.

OP
OP
S

staatsof

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My suspicion is that you have two sources for new body parts: China or leftover dealer stock GM. Well, three if you count a salvage yard.

I’d bet that there are only a handful that actually make the parts and any cost difference that you see reflects retailer markup rather than an increase in quality.

If you have the part number, dealers can search nationwide inventory to see if anyone still has one in stock.
I agree but where is not my question. I'm hoping for real world experience as to the quality of the Chinese supplied part vs the the GM. I've located an actual OEM GM bumper face @ $400 and am wondering if it's any better than the reproductions which are very available, fully loaded and under $300.00.

Thanks

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never installed an aftermarket body part that didn't require custom fitting and an array of cuss words, many racist. Where did you find a complete bumper for less that $300?

OP
OP
S

staatsof

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have never installed an aftermarket body part that didn't require custom fitting and an array of cuss words, many racist. Where did you find a complete bumper for less that $300?
I'll let y'all know once I'm done. Not born yesterday ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans