98 tahoe ICM troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings guys, I've been mostly a lurker, watching the show, Now I need some help with odd ICM Connector pin Voltages.98 tahoe 2door 5.7 4X4. No start. No spark.
Pin A KOEoff 12.5 v
Pin B KOEoff 0.4 v
Pin B cranking 2.5-3.6 VAC
Pin D KOEoff 12.5 v
So this much I've found, An open in wire Pin B to VCM pin 9 and replaced wire. Icm Pin D to ign coil Pin C.
Where do the rest go? I guess I'm unlearned how to search the posts to find what i'm looking for.I've paged thru posts to get this far, Any help or lookouts are welcome. Thanks

OP
OP
E

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings guys, I've been mostly a lurker, watching the show, Now I need some help with odd ICM Connector pin Voltages.98 tahoe 2door 5.7 4X4. No start. No spark.
Pin A KOEoff 12.5 v
Pin B KOEoff 0.4 v
Pin B cranking 2.5-3.6 VAC
Pin D KOEoff 12.5 v
So this much I've found, An open in wire Pin B to VCM pin 9 and replaced wire. Icm Pin D to ign coil Pin C.
Where do the rest go? I guess I'm unlearned how to search the posts to find what i'm looking for.I've paged thru posts to get this far, Any help or lookouts are welcome. Thanks
Update- I forgot to mention- No Codes. I have a couple known good ICM's, Just don't want to fry them till I understand more of where I am in this repair, Any Ideas or manual references would help.

willxfs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sounds pretty technical. Way over my head. Hopefully someone with some technical experience and access to wiring diagrams will chime in. Good luck.

OP
OP
E

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, If I ever meet that Murphy fella - He's toast! Printer ran outta ink too! Doing a few more tests today. Lets see if "old school meets new school" produces anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts