2013 Tahoe LS P0300 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmunRoo

Reaction score
Sometimes you can tell if you have no compression by listening to the exhaust. sometimes it will sound like you've added a cam. It happened on a yukon i was working on. It sounded like it was cammed. from there, we pretty much knew what it was. the compression test confirmed an issue. it ended up being a broken valve.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Hey man I’ve got a similar issue going on and need some help. Bank 1 sensor 1 threw up so I changed it of course the denso ones I got had the wrong plug on it so I had to return and get a ngk 02 and as soon as I started it up she started throwing the other up stream 02 sensor. Is this because I changed one and not the other? Denso on one side and ngk on the other? Is ngk even worth a shit or should I return put the old sensor back in and order some delco or denso 02 sensors? I’m 4 hr from home and she sounds horrible like she’s got a stuck lifter or something I’ve got to get this fixed asap before wensday

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey man I’ve got a similar issue going on and need some help. Bank 1 sensor 1 threw up so I changed it of course the denso ones I got had the wrong plug on it so I had to return and get a ngk 02 and as soon as I started it up she started throwing the other up stream 02 sensor. Is this because I changed one and not the other? Denso on one side and ngk on the other? Is ngk even worth a shit or should I return put the old sensor back in and order some delco or denso 02 sensors? I’m 4 hr from home and she sounds horrible like she’s got a stuck lifter or something I’ve got to get this fixed asap before wensday
Post a video of the sound so we can hear it. I use the YouTube app to upload it and then link it back here. Could very well be a lifter or an exhaust leak as well.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
To late lol I finally got a matching pair of densos from two different parts stores after having to special order them before I go home wensday I swapped em out in the parking lot before I left this evening and she’s running smoother then ever now she still has the noisy lifters on a cold start but then they go right away and the whole way to the hotel she was quiet as a church mouse I’m very relieved I was about to resolve this simply by the sensors big weight off my shoulder before I drive 4 hr in a couple days
Post a video of the sound so we can hear it. I use the YouTube app to upload it and then link it back here. Could very well be a lifter or an exhaust leak as well.
No exhaust leaks anywhere I was more worried about the valley or intake gaskets being bad but most of the oil leak comes from the rear main seal. Usually add a quart between oil changes but not all the time because it’s a very slow leak depends on how much I drive her that week

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins