98 hoe exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you want a single in, single out. buy a flowmaster merge, aka Y pipe. then you can use any moofler you want.
Lately I have been pushing the ****** maxflow. the DB charts I have posted here show very promising spec's.
I linked to summits main ****** max flow 3" so you can choose, painted, aluminum, stainless.

Use theses charts to determine what you want. I prefer deep but quiet rumble at idle, a deep non resonating rumble at cruise and a screaming banshee at WOT. The maxflow does exactly that.
Link to vids

Power ratings

attachment.php

http://www.qsl.net/st0f/****-db.jpg

Ok so after digging up this catless Y pipe for oem manifolds for more rumble, I realized you have tiny ass pipes. be advised those links to the flowmaster merge (2.5"in/3"out) and ****** muffler (3" in/out) are much larger . So adjust those as needed for your tiny pipes.

Now thats said, I would toss that tiny crap and immediatly grab some LT headers and a 3" catback.
You will see huge gains in power and sound.
Those links are to a basic set of LT's that "supposedly" fit, so do your own research for fitment issues. Realize things like worn out or broken motor and trans mounts affect fitment.
That link to cat back is the Full list, finish the selections on the left to narrow it down.

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
have not heard of reversible exhaust mufflers but is definitely doable. would think sound is effected tho.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

i still think no matter what you will still stay under $150 in parts instead of a whole cat-back for $350+ and still get good sound. bigger sectioned assemblies do give better performance so if you are willing to save for a cat-back you can try a cat back like mine. flowmaster 17166.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Code

Reaction score
And that's really what I'm looking for. Thanks sunlit. You wouldn't happen to know the pipe sizes and save me from crawling under the hoe would ya?

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

And ezdaar I said muffler. Why are you going off about long tubed and a whole cat back exhaust?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n