97 tahoe LT front end suspension work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marbor

Reaction score
Good morning to all

So driving i noticed a banging sound while hitting bumps and normal driving hear rattle and metal on metal noise. I lift truck as and noticed passenger sway bar link busted off. Swapped both and while In there, Swap out both inner and outer tie rods. ball joints were busted. Any how im still hearngvthe rattle from the same area I looked at the rubber mounts on the sway bar and can be replaced but still have rubber around the whole unit so don't see any metal on metal issues there. What else is there i can check for possible were.
Looking to get this taken care of before I go in for an alignment..

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning to all

So driving i noticed a banging sound while hitting bumps and normal driving hear rattle and metal on metal noise. I lift truck as and noticed passenger sway bar link busted off. Swapped both and while In there, Swap out both inner and outer tie rods. ball joints were busted. Any how im still hearngvthe rattle from the same area I looked at the rubber mounts on the sway bar and can be replaced but still have rubber around the whole unit so don't see any metal on metal issues there. What else is there i can check for possible were.
Looking to get this taken care of before I go in for an alignment..

Check all your control arm mounts. Also check your upper and lower ball joints for excess play. Might also look at your jounce stops to make sure they haven’t given up the ghost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts