95 Tahoe 2 door sway bar links issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua Dye

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright members, I have a 95 2 door Tahoe with 4 wheel drive, I was replacing the sway bar links, driver side went in fine, but the passenger side bolt seems to be misaligned. I ordered a new sway bar thinking it would fix the problem thinking it was bent from taking a hit because the sway bar bushing is smashed on the passenger side. After doing some research, I found a post on Tahoe forum about the same issue. Now I'm wondering if it is a defect from the factory or if it is actually bent. Anyone else ever had this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated

willxfs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know on my 1998 2door rig, when I replaced the sway bar end links the alignment of the bolt on one side was much more difficult than the other side. I had to get creative with ratchet straps to force the sway bar into good alignment so I could tighten the end link bolts. Good luck.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright members, I have a 95 2 door Tahoe with 4 wheel drive, I was replacing the sway bar links, driver side went in fine, but the passenger side bolt seems to be misaligned. I ordered a new sway bar thinking it would fix the problem thinking it was bent from taking a hit because the sway bar bushing is smashed on the passenger side. After doing some research, I found a post on Tahoe forum about the same issue. Now I'm wondering if it is a defect from the factory or if it is actually bent. Anyone else ever had this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Are you doing this with both wheels off the ground? Would it help to put a jack under the lower control arm on the side with the installed link and lift that tire to see if that gets things in better alignment?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401