93 Blazer Coil Wire/Distributor Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fsl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Need some help as I'm kinda newbie to mechanical side. I got 93 blazer full size and having some issues as the plugs/wires were worn out.

Now the ACDelco plug wires that i ordered are fine but the coil wire is different. So when i checked, the distributor cap on my truck is a bit different then the stock, all the plug wires sit properly but the plug for coil wire is a female one.

Basically I'm looking for a coil wire like the pics below. this is what i got now and I'm kinda hoping i don't have to replace distributor or the cap and can get away with finding the proper coil wire.

thanks for the help :p

Coil-wire1.JPG

Coil-wire2.JPG

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
:welcome:

If they are different from stock then replace wires and cap set back to the original design. Or is it me and the coil wire just pulled out the cap insert and got stuck in the wire end?

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what it looks like to me too ... should be doing cap and rotor at the same time as plugs and wires.

OP
OP
fsl

fsl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
:welcome:

If they are different from stock then replace wires and cap set back to the original design. Or is it me and the coil wire just pulled out the cap insert and got stuck in the wire end?

well even i thought the same at first. but when i checked the dist. cap the coil receiving point actually has grooves inside where this pin type cap goes in...

so did you ever came across this kind of coil wire? i've been searching ebay, amazon, google for past 2 days but couldn't find any :)

OP
OP
fsl

fsl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no. I have seen pinned one which look like screw threads but not like that. just get new ones.

thanks SC,
i think i'll go for MSD dist. cap, ignition coil n plug wires... hopefully this should be fine for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n