921 LED Bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered before. I know everyone tends to use 194 LED bulbs to replace their interior courtesy lights, but I replaced all of mine, including the doors, with 921 LED bulbs. Definitely larger, and much brighter. Had to trim some housings a little, but it worked! I will try to get a picture of them at night, but definitely much brighter than 194.

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 921 is a 20 watt equivalent. I don't have all of the courtesy lamps replaced yet, but such a huge difference already. The ones I installed are 500 lumens.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's probably an OK swap with LEDs going in, but I wouldn't want to use multiple 921 incandescents for fear of blowing a fuse or melting a wire.

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's probably an OK swap with LEDs going in, but I wouldn't want to use multiple 921 incandescents for fear of blowing a fuse or melting a wire.

Of course not. I wouldn't use that large of an incandescent either, but being LED it's using less wattage. Only 2 watts

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
921s are definitely brighter. That’s usually what I use for reverse lights and license plate lights. But I don’t think I want my interior to be that bright lol

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our collective knowledge base has been increased.

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
921s are definitely brighter. That’s usually what I use for reverse lights and license plate lights. But I don’t think I want my interior to be that bright lol

Haha I don't have all of them replaced yet, but we will see what it's like when I do! I have 194 LEDs if they are too much, but I like overkill.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our collective knowledge base has been increased.

Of course! If we don't share, knowledge is lost

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha I don't have all of them replaced yet, but we will see what it's like when I do! I have 194 LEDs if they are too much, but I like overkill.

Let us know your final results.

Of course! If we don't share, knowledge is lost

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu