9111 miles.. here I sit at dealer 500 miles from home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to argue with that. Good Luck.
Did a quick search for with in 2000 miles of center of the US and their wasn't a single vehicle that matched even closely to our options. They did say we can do an order though of needed.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a quick search for with in 2000 miles of center of the US and their wasn't a single vehicle that matched even closely to our options. They did say we can do an order though of needed.
Think they might let you drive what you have, until the replacement is available? I mean, it likely is headed for a salvage title, so no rush... :)

OP
OP
G

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think they might let you drive what you have, until the replacement is available? I mean, it likely is headed for a salvage title, so no rush... :)
Yes, we keep driving it. In SC there is no deduction on mileage for lemon law. Once we find the VIN number we want, they have 90 days to get us in the vehicle.

We filed back on 9/20 with around 9k miles. Currently over 19k miles on it now, and it is back at the dealer again

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, we keep driving it. In SC there is no deduction on mileage for lemon law. Once we find the VIN number we want, they have 90 days to get us in the vehicle.

We filed back on 9/20 with around 9k miles. Currently over 19k miles on it now, and it is back at the dealer again
When Mercedes took my wife's car back under the CA lemon law, they paid us what we paid new, including tax and license. That was 3 years after she drove it off the lot new. Sounds like SC law is similar to CA.

OP
OP
G

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When Mercedes took my wife's car back under the CA lemon law, they paid us what we paid new, including tax and license. That was 3 years after she drove it off the lot new. Sounds like SC law is similar to CA.
Here they actually go based off MSRP, confirmed it multiple times and places. We used a supplier discount code, so paid less than MSRP, not sure how those that paid more than MSRP would fair.

They are also covering all the fees(taxes,dealer,tags,etc..) and we submitted for the after market stuff we bought not through the dealer like ceramic coating and window tint.

OP
OP
G

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We finally have an order number for our replacement vehicle that was authorized at the beginning of the year.

2023 Yukon XL Denali Ultimate, only constraint was ZM1. MSRP 101k

Edit: Sorry meant to put this in another thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd