89Suburban/PAW PAW's 07 Tahoe Redneck Mod Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am HELL BENT to get these new springs installed this weekend after working my balls off 6 1/2 days straight and trying to dodge storm fronts, flooding, high winds, b/s family drama at home and abroad. Hopefully Saturday after my power nap after work and trying to beat this b/s arctic shit show weather coming up.

Original springs in the background, new 3" drop springs in foreground to replace the 2" drop springs I am currently running on the rear axle. I have them oriented in the picture to try and switch the "Chevy lean" from left to right. Pondering leaving the rubber spring isolators out for another 1/2" of drop. Trying to find the sweet spot of drop without the "free travel mod". They say it is 3"-4" MAX. This drop tinkering is such an addiction. Also hoping this will help with my front castor adjustments as well. Baby steps.

DROP DAT ASS, right @iamdub ?

View attachment 418659
Git er done big fella!

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oooh.. whatya gettin’..??? :naughty:
Nothing fancy. My mechanic deals with some company from Texas he uses to do fleet truck engine replacements. I can also shop my own but I am not to good at it. If I can find a motor to be shipped to another guy I know he can install it for $1500.

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raced the arctic front yesterday afternoon to get the 3" drop springs installed in the rear. All went pretty well. Test drive last night and today was successful. I was purposely hitting certain bumps to see if it would bottom out in the rear and it didn't so far. See how it goes once the springs break in but I am confident. I'll get some glamour shots at work on flat ground when I get the chance this week.

Flipped the trailer ball to get her ass up in the air on jack stands. I still have a rattle in the right rear on washboard surfaces. Now I think it is the rear exhaust hanger rubber bushing thingy is shot. It's slopping around on the mounts. I'll get one of those ordered and see if it clears it up.

IMG_6330.JPG

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are the Ebay poor man's specials I am running. They ride perfetcly fine.

Original 2" kit:

New 3" springs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali