6L80/90 conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came across these guys while looking for options to control a 6L80 in an older vehicle. I don't hate the 4L60/65 I just don't think it won't last long behind a 6.0 pulling much. This is all hypothetical though. Thoughts? Let's discuss. I'm no expert by any means but these guys are working on making it doable. Better cruising speeds, lower first gear, ability to hold a gear, double overdrive etc etc. anyone looking to buy a rebuild 4l60e with 8k miles on it? Lol

OP
OP
B

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't be the only guy who wants a 6l80 in my gmt800

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spear tech did a write-up on it over at pt.net. kinda butchered but they got it to work

OP
OP
B

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found their webpage and been reading up on them. Seems the hardest part would be making the transmission fit physically. Obviously a mount would need to be fabricated but the rest according to their info on their page is all in the harness. I'm sure there is more to though. I also found they they sell turnkey engines and 8l80 kits. Their quite expensive though. Honestly for me I'd rather buy an 03-06 Tahoe z71 with a blown engine etc but a decent body. Replace every bushing on it and throw in a modern drive train and drive that than new one that cost $50k plus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz