6.6 Gas L8T Engine Swap in 2015 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought some e-fans from Schram. They accepted my "offer" on eBay and item was as described. They're legit.

minytrker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt read every post...but you can the 6.6 on the factory ecm. I just tuned one swapped running on the E92 ECM. Its a nice upgrade over 5.3.

OP
OP
L8T BURB

L8T BURB

Reaction score
I didnt read every post...but you can the 6.6 on the factory ecm. I just tuned one swapped running on the E92 ECM. Its a nice upgrade over 5.3.
This is very promising! May I ask which vehicle you swapped the L8T into? The 6.6 I am swapping comes fully dressed with all accessories, so I am hoping to maintain as much of the new stuff as I can. I was however, hoping to maintain my stock E92 ECM, as it seems using the 6.6 ECM (E93) could prove to be a bit more challenging.

Schram emailed me and stated there were some heavy tornados that they dealt with Thursday night, leaving much of the area without power for the weekend. Slight delay in them shipping the engine to me. Looking at an end of week ETA as of now!

OP
OP
L8T BURB

L8T BURB

Reaction score
UPDATE!

Engine and transmission delivered earlier than expected! Delivered by Dayton Freight. A++ job on the palletization and overall packaging! This thing is a MONSTER! 10/10 Schram Auto Parts...HIGHLY RECOMMEND! My technician states he may be able to get started on it by the end of the week!20230829_171550.jpg
20230829_143524.jpg

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question is. Besides, the electric power steering and mechanical fan wouldn’t dropping the engine in be the same as a Bored and stroked 6.2L? If that’s the case, then it should be a pretty simple swap because all these LT motors are just like the LS series, where the exteriors are pretty much the same, casting wise and sensor location wise. I like this thread because when my 5.3 needs rebuild I might go this route instead of a 6.2.

OP
OP
L8T BURB

L8T BURB

Reaction score
My question is. Besides, the electric power steering and mechanical fan wouldn’t dropping the engine in be the same as a Bored and stroked 6.2L? If that’s the case, then it should be a pretty simple swap because all these LT motors are just like the LS series, where the exteriors are pretty much the same, casting wise and sensor location wise. I like this thread because when my 5.3 needs rebuild I might go this route instead of a 6.2.
From my understanding...yes you are correct. A stroker 6.2 without the DOD/AFM, and is designed to run on 87 octane while making more HP and TQ than the 6.2. I am told that I should be able to discard the mechanical fan and use my stock electric fans, and same with the power steering. We shall see!

OP
OP
L8T BURB

L8T BURB

Reaction score
Anyone have insight on whether I would be able to maintain the 6.6 belt driven components? Such as a/c compressor, alternator, and water pump? I would feel better using the 6.6 stuff as opposed to using my 186k mile stuff from my 5.3. The new 6.6 came fully dressed with all belt driven components attached.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think it would work as recieved. My question is how are you going to work around the PS pump delete? If I were doing it, I would see if a steering rack from the 7-14 would bolt up and then use the power steering. That would make it so the belt could stay as recieved, then just leave the mechanical fan off and use the E-fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts