6.2 Tahoe For Sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I struck a deal, and I can use it on a limited basis.... But yes, for a fee... If you are a research junkie like me it is quite interesting.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thus far I've found 532 2009 4WD 6.2 Tahoe LTZs, 1 2009 4WD 6.2 Tahoe LS and 136 2009 RWD 6.2 Tahoe LTZs. I found 49 2008 RWD 6.2 Tahoes, all Janesville production and all seem to be LTZs.

So @iamdub, don't forget about those 2008s. Then there are the RWD 2009 Yukon Denalis with the L9H but if I remember right, you don't appreciate their good looks as much as I do!

In the used car world, I'm not always seeing a premium let's say between a Denali and a LTZ or an SLT and the short ones are selling more than the long ones. At our house, we're looking to add a short one to the stable and we kind of settled on, if it is to be a Yukon, either an XFE or a Denali. Both RWD. figuring a ten year life cycle for an already ten year old truck, the Denali may be less expensive to operate in the long run due to it not having AFM and likely requiring an overhaul or deletion. Of course the XFE gets better mileage, by about 3-4 mpg on the highway as that will be its primary use. The XFE has the simpler suspension and can only get cooled seats on the 2010 models but still few and far between. Denalis on the other hand, are everywhere.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the used car world, I'm not always seeing a premium let's say between a Denali and a LTZ or an SLT and the short ones are selling more than the long ones. At our house, we're looking to add a short one to the stable and we kind of settled on, if it is to be a Yukon, either an XFE or a Denali. Both RWD. figuring a ten year life cycle for an already ten year old truck, the Denali may be less expensive to operate in the long run due to it not having AFM and likely requiring an overhaul or deletion. Of course the XFE gets better mileage, by about 3-4 mpg on the highway as that will be its primary use. The XFE has the simpler suspension and can only get cooled seats on the 2010 models but still few and far between. Denalis on the other hand, are everywhere.

I spent over 2 years looking for the two I have. The Tahoe LTZ's are generally listed for a more than a Denali or Escalade. My wife and I both like the Tahoe's looks better than a Yukon but I just couldn't see paying more for a Tahoe than a Denali when you get so much more with a Denali and even more with the Escalade. The short wheel base is definitely more desirable, I found a lot of great deals on XL's and ESV's but neither of us really wanted to drive something that big. The 6.2L AFM doesn't seen to be as problematic as it is in the 5.3L but that could just be because there are a lot more 5.3L's out there. The Denali I ended up pulling the trigger on for my wife has 176k miles on it and I pulled the spark plugs and they showed no signs of oil consumption. I will say though, I think the 2008-2009 interiors feel better quality. I would have preferred a second earlier truck but I don't like the goldish silver offered before 2010.

14RamHemiSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my wife is coming to the end of her lease on a 16 crv. it has been great and reliable, but now with a 19 month and a 3 year old, 2 car seats eat up all the space. they are small to begin with. so i have been hunting for a tahoe/yukon. i really dont want awd, i prefer 4wd so i have been focusing on tahoes and yukon slt. i really want the 6.2 without afm (so 2009) but they have beem very hard to find. i see a couple posted above, but ine with 4 plus owners and an accident isnt what im really looking for. im also not paying 25k for one of these either. this will be for the wife, so teally the 5.3 would work. but from what im reading, the 6.2 is a better platform. i would love to avoid afm as well.

a nice 13/14 one owner ltz in diamond tricoat would be one sweet rig....but again roulette with the afm. could always start saving for a cam/lifter fund.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thus far I've found 532 2009 4WD 6.2 Tahoe LTZs, 1 2009 4WD 6.2 Tahoe LS and 136 2009 RWD 6.2 Tahoe LTZs. I found 49 2008 RWD 6.2 Tahoes, all Janesville production and all seem to be LTZs.

So @iamdub, don't forget about those 2008s. Then there are the RWD 2009 Yukon Denalis with the L9H but if I remember right, you don't appreciate their good looks as much as I do!

I forget about the 2WD Denali and, yes, I don't like the front end as much as I do the Tahoe's. Those headlights just look like big eyes, giving it a goofy happy face. It's not all that bad and if I found a RWD 6.2 Denali that wasn't red or with a dirt-colored interior for a really good price, I'd consider it.

C17FXR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my wife is coming to the end of her lease on a 16 crv. it has been great and reliable, but now with a 19 month and a 3 year old, 2 car seats eat up all the space. they are small to begin with. so i have been hunting for a tahoe/yukon. i really dont want awd, i prefer 4wd so i have been focusing on tahoes and yukon slt. i really want the 6.2 without afm (so 2009) but they have beem very hard to find. i see a couple posted above, but ine with 4 plus owners and an accident isnt what im really looking for. im also not paying 25k for one of these either. this will be for the wife, so teally the 5.3 would work. but from what im reading, the 6.2 is a better platform. i would love to avoid afm as well.

a nice 13/14 one owner ltz in diamond tricoat would be one sweet rig....but again roulette with the afm. could always start saving for a cam/lifter fund.

Must be your lucky day. Would you look what came up, did have three owners but low mileage.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...ampleListingsViewDetailsCTA#listing=250150228

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forget about the 2WD Denali and, yes, I don't like the front end as much as I do the Tahoe's. Those headlights just look like big eyes, giving it a goofy happy face. It's not all that bad and if I found a RWD 6.2 Denali that wasn't red or with a dirt-colored interior for a really good price, I'd consider it.

Too funny Chris, that's EXACTLY what my wife wants, red with cocoa/light cashmere interior! LOL She doesn't care for Victory Red, but likes the other two, Red Jewel Tintcoat and Sonoma Red Metallic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14