6.0L long tube y pipe questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02ext24

Reaction score
Hey guys with a 6.0l what are you doing for long tubes an y pipe? Im wanting to get some llp's long tube an y pipe. But i dont thinks their a direct fit for the 6.0. I have a corsa cat back kit all ready installed. I emailed llp and they said some modifying was need to make fit but they couldnt tell me what. So what are you guys running? Sorry if its been brought up already but i did a search and couldnt find anything!

Thanks Dalton

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
Hey guys with a 6.0l what are you doing for long tubes an y pipe? Im wanting to get some llp's long tube an y pipe. But i dont thinks their a direct fit for the 6.0. I have a corsa cat back kit all ready installed. I emailed llp and they said some modifying was need to make fit but they couldnt tell me what. So what are you guys running? Sorry if its been brought up already but i did a search and couldnt find anything!

Thanks Dalton

Try OBX eBay headers. They are long tubes and come with a y-pipe, ALL for mid $500 range. Fitment is great from what I've read. I ordered these and can't wait to put them on!

tony4143

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn, i thought the long tubes would be a problem when you were 4x4? so i read. thats why i went with the shorties...grrr

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Shortys aren't worth the money~ I have Dynatech Long tubes and a 6.0L along with a 4L80 Trans and no issues. Oh yeah I also have their Y pipe too. Kinda pricey but I have never had any issues with this set up. Also had then on my 2000 Ford Lightning and my 2001 Ford F-150 4X4.

tony4143

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know. Now is it possible ti put a x pipe on there instead of the y pipe??? To run true duals

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Depends on fit MIT. I Have a 4L80 transmission under mine so for me nope.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks Dalton

Get the LPPs like I did, with the Wye pipe. I think it rested on the x-member, so I had a shop trim it down to shorten the Wye pipe where it didnt hit the cross-member, still touches the trans pan a little, but nothing major.

My plan is to cut the Wye, and make it a X pipe, dual exhaust dumped on the truck.

So that should give you a few options.

OP
OP

02ext24

Reaction score
Get the LPPs like I did, with the Wye pipe. I think it rested on the x-member, so I had a shop trim it down to shorten the Wye pipe where it didnt hit the cross-member, still touches the trans pan a little, but nothing major.

My plan is to cut the Wye, and make it a X pipe, dual exhaust dumped on the truck.

So that should give you a few options.

Any pics of teh y pipe installed now?

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have any good pics right now, Ill try to get some later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts