5 Best Mods.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
I think i did tint, stereo, wheels, suspension misc exterior mods. then started all over again lol.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
1. Tune
2. Cam
3. Longtubes
4. Magnacharger
5. Transgo Shift kit w/servo

Cartwright

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm haven't heard much of the 10bolt being weak and breaking. What is it thats causing them to be weak? What are some common causes for their failure?

Driving the truck hard(Burnouts and stuff), Taking your truck off-road alot and beating on it, Larger tires ect. Lots of stuff can make them go boom.

Bromaguire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving the truck hard(Burnouts and stuff), Taking your truck off-road alot and beating on it, Larger tires ect. Lots of stuff can make them go boom.

Interesting. I drive the hell out of my denali. I have taken it to the strip before, smoke the tires, etc. I am making around 415whp and have blown up 4 transmissions, 3 front diffs, but the rear diff hasn't had a single blip. I've also had 23's or 24's on my truck since I bought it.

My brother has a 6" lift on his 02 tahoe with big ass tires. He's got about 130k on his truck and the only problem he's had was his trans gave out at about 120k. He offroads his truck all the time. He was a forest service ranger in Idaho last summer and went into some crazy areas for off roading that no one else has prob taken a vehicle since he was in charge of the area.

Cartwright

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I drive the hell out of my denali. I have taken it to the strip before, smoke the tires, etc. I am making around 415whp and have blown up 4 transmissions, 3 front diffs, but the rear diff hasn't had a single blip. I've also had 23's or 24's on my truck since I bought it.

My brother has a 6" lift on his 02 tahoe with big ass tires. He's got about 130k on his truck and the only problem he's had was his trans gave out at about 120k. He offroads his truck all the time. He was a forest service ranger in Idaho last summer and went into some crazy areas for off roading that no one else has prob taken a vehicle since he was in charge of the area.

Ive seen it happen alot. Dont know what else to tell you besides that lol.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
10 bolt is a crap shoot I've blown them with cars at 350whp and seen them last with 38" tires and stock 3.73s. I hope mine lasts with forced induction but the coil rear with stock control arms leads me to believe I'll be fine under 600whp. Once I get north of that it'll be time for a coil spring 14bolt and some 4.10s but the 10 bolt is a tough little fella most of the time. Gov-locs kill em more than anything.

Bromaguire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10 bolt is a crap shoot I've blown them with cars at 350whp and seen them last with 38" tires and stock 3.73s. I hope mine lasts with forced induction but the coil rear with stock control arms leads me to believe I'll be fine under 600whp. Once I get north of that it'll be time for a coil spring 14bolt and some 4.10s but the 10 bolt is a tough little fella most of the time. Gov-locs kill em more than anything.

I upped the boost on my truck this week and the dyno tune should be done tmr. We'll see how the truck does with a little more power. This spring/summer I think I'm gonna build the engine and stroke it to a 408 or 427. I may keep the blower or go to a turbo setup but I will definitely be over 600whp. That will definitely bring out any weakness in my 10 bolt with my driving style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700