1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4WD Suspension upgrades

Discussion in 'Street Suspension' started by Mickey_7106, Jul 30, 2020.

Sponsored By: DJM Belltech
  1. Mickey_7106

Mickey_7106 Full Access Member

Name:
    Mickey
    Hello All,

Im Gonna be replacing both wheel hubs soon and was thinking it'll probably be a good time to replace other components while in there. Truck has about 110K miles.

Also when i had my '06 Silverado there was a decent amount of aftermarket HD suspension parts available. Doesn't seem to be the case with these heavy SUVs. Anyways i definitely want some Bigger tie rods and i was wondering if anyone has come across a decent set or have built their own using heim link joints?

https://kryptoniteproducts.com/collections/2007-2018-gm-1500-6-lug-truck?page=1 these people seem to have great products and i was wondering if anyone has first hand experience with their stuff?

swathdiver and Dantheman1540 like this.
  2. GreyStone

GreyStone Full Access Member

Name:
    Derek
    Dantheman1540 likes this.
  3. Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540 Full Access Member

Name:
    Dan
    I run kryptonite tierods on both my trucks and have nearly everything they make for my silverado. Awesome stuff that's designed to never fail! Their customer service is fantastic as well. Anytime I replace something front suspension related they are my first stop.

I also have cognito idler/pitman arm braces that have been flawless for 5 years. The pitman arm and idler arm have also not needed replacing with the braces attached.

swathdiver and GreyStone like this.
  4. Mickey_7106

Name:
    Mickey
    Thanks all, also at what point do i replace the control arms as opposed to replacing ball joints and bushings?

Dantheman1540 likes this.
  5. cfmistry

cfmistry Full Access Member

Name:
    Cyrus
    In my opinion, unless you have a ball joint press at home, it's more efficient to replace the whole arms. At 150k miles my ball joints AND the arm bushings were toast -- again reinforcing that replacing the whole arm makes more sense. The MOOG arms are pretty cheap and great quality too.

6. Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540 Full Access Member

Name:
    Dan
    I agree whole arm replacement is much easier and not that much more expensive. I have a press and still hate doing bushings so bad if I can buy a full assembly I choose that everytime.

Mickey_7106 likes this.
  7. Mickey_7106

Name:
    Mickey
    thanks. i dont have a press, but i could rent one for free at my local O'Reilly. A little more work doesnt usually scare me but ill have to see if its better to save time than money

8. swathdiver

swathdiver Full Access Member

Name:
    James
    Upper arms are not rebuildable.

Mickey_7106 likes this.