4WD Suspension upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

Im Gonna be replacing both wheel hubs soon and was thinking it'll probably be a good time to replace other components while in there. Truck has about 110K miles.

Also when i had my '06 Silverado there was a decent amount of aftermarket HD suspension parts available. Doesn't seem to be the case with these heavy SUVs. Anyways i definitely want some Bigger tie rods and i was wondering if anyone has come across a decent set or have built their own using heim link joints?

https://kryptoniteproducts.com/collections/2007-2018-gm-1500-6-lug-truck?page=1 these people seem to have great products and i was wondering if anyone has first hand experience with their stuff?

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run kryptonite tierods on both my trucks and have nearly everything they make for my silverado. Awesome stuff that's designed to never fail! Their customer service is fantastic as well. Anytime I replace something front suspension related they are my first stop.

I also have cognito idler/pitman arm braces that have been flawless for 5 years. The pitman arm and idler arm have also not needed replacing with the braces attached.

OP
OP
Mickey_7106

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, also at what point do i replace the control arms as opposed to replacing ball joints and bushings?

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, unless you have a ball joint press at home, it's more efficient to replace the whole arms. At 150k miles my ball joints AND the arm bushings were toast -- again reinforcing that replacing the whole arm makes more sense. The MOOG arms are pretty cheap and great quality too.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree whole arm replacement is much easier and not that much more expensive. I have a press and still hate doing bushings so bad if I can buy a full assembly I choose that everytime.

OP
OP
Mickey_7106

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks. i dont have a press, but i could rent one for free at my local O'Reilly. A little more work doesnt usually scare me but ill have to see if its better to save time than money