383 Stoker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbowen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tuning?

So what did you do to "max" out the fuel?

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

I probably should have used this to ask the question: What specifically did you do to max out the fuel system?

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking he's referring to the tune, changing the air/fuel tables and such. i'm sure he'll chime in again, just sit tight.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, through the software. I had a few runs on a dyno while the guys tuned it. It really helped bring it too life

sbowen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tune

Thanks guys. Did you use your oem t-body? I assume your crate engine came with a performance intake. Do you know which one?

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
The HT383E crate engine allows you to reuse the factory intake manifold and fuel spider - literally, plug and play installation.

If you're wanting to step-up the performance, you could run a ram jet intake, but that will not only require tuning adjustments, but some possible fabrication/rerouting as well (I'm in the early investigation stages of this option - it has piqued my interest, not to mention I could run different size injectors).

Last edited:

sbowen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
383 stroker

I decided on a stroker kit from Skip White performance. Had everything to do the job right, forged pistons, internally balanced crank, flexplate etc. and the price was right.

1Agerry

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good luck! and post some pic's as you go with the project!

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please post dynos.

I'll dig them up tonight, here is a summary:

Before a custom tune, I had a hyper tech programmer so the before is with a hand held program:

Before:226.6HP 297.3ft lbs at the tires
After: 261.7HP 378.3ft lbs at the tires

Well worth the tune, the numbers don't lie. Factor in a roughly 24% drivetrain loss and you get a motor with about 350HP, close to 500ft lbs of torque. Again, not bad for a reliable motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84