3600 stall...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SloZ71Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will this be to much for a hoe? a daily drivin hoe? My buddy has one and he took it out of his truck cuz he didnt like it. I thought about puttin it in my tahoe but dont know if it woul dbe to much. Any advice?

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
Will this be to much for a hoe? a daily drivin hoe? My buddy has one and he took it out of his truck cuz he didnt like it. I thought about puttin it in my tahoe but dont know if it woul dbe to much. Any advice?

I personally wouldn't go over 3000 or 3200... 3600 is kinda high for a daily driver. :imo:

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stall is the torque converter right? What are the advantages of going that high?

B

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3600 is really high for a stock dd. The trans will heat up more running a stall that high in a dd, and heat is the main killer for auto trans. Not to mention the poor gas mileage you'll get like blueflamed mentioned. I'd hold off until you throw in that cam and maggie you mention in your sig.

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
i got a new tq for my car that has a big block. thats maken 539 ft and a low rpm and i had to get a 24-2800 stall. i thought that was high for a street car and its not a dd

OP
OP
S

SloZ71Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i thought it would be a little much. Thats just the only converter we have around our shop. But instead i just ordered a I6 trailblazer stall. It should be about a 2500 stall with my 5.3. I think that will be a little better lol.

Im looking for a little more power but not much. I just put a new tranny in my tahoe and i figured why it was out id put a converter in it. kinda kill two birds with one stone.

OP
OP
S

SloZ71Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah thats my next step... i got the stall in and all that. Love it! now if my cam would just hurry up and get here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019