Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shawn93z28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright i just wanted to show everyone how cheap and simple this is with minor effort you can have 35s on a 2000 tahoe or gmc or suburban of this year range pretty simple

All my parts and if needed I can guide you to how I did it!!

Cheap re indexed keys off ebay. Supposidly 3.5 lift. $20 or 30 dollars can give you a link yo them.

And 3 inch coil spacers. Also $20 to 30 dollars.

Front shock extenders I highly recommend them I got 2 more and made them fit on the rear shocks as well made the ride way way nicer and isn't that much different from stock think I paid $15 to 25 bux for all four.

And some 315/75r16 tires I have pics and video everything didn't run tell I drove it awhile what was really rubbing was the plastics in the wheel wells I just snipped them off in the front not a problem since very minor trimming it took about a week to settle then started running but really it wasn't bad I left it tell I got around to trimming

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Alright i just wanted to show everyone how cheap and simple this is with minor effort you can have 35s on a 2000 tahoe or gmc or suburban of this year range pretty simple

Cheap re indexed keys off ebay. Supposidly 3.5 lift. $20 or 30 dollars can give you a link yo them.

Front shock extenders I highly recommend them I got 2 more and made them fit on the rear shocks as well made the ride way way nicer and isn't that much different from stock think I paid $15 to 25 bux for all four.

And some 315/75r16 tires I have pics and video everything didn't run tell I drove it awhile what was really rubbing was the plastics in the wheel wells I just snipped them off in the front not a problem since very minor trimming it took about a week to settle then started running but really it wasn't bad I left it tell I got around to trimming

Looks sweet, but ... Let's see a pic of your CV angles. My bet is the money you saved on your lift parts should be set aside to replace axles shortly.

OP
OP
S

Shawn93z28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not that bad really .... good thing u asked for that noticed I'm missing a sway bar link.... thanks haha

20190501_201446.jpg 20190501_201440.jpg 20190501_201433.jpg 20190501_201429.jpg 20190501_201417.jpg

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CV shaft angle is worse than mine and I destroy axles yearly but it looks good!

OP
OP
S

Shawn93z28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just using it for winter the half shafts in there have 256,000 miles on them seem fine and 30000 with this stuff on it and still solid not worried about it just as long as it looks coolish lol

OP
OP
S

Shawn93z28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
update::::: I haven't had any ill affects on my cv half shafts at all in any way and have put well over tens of thousands of miles on it after all was said and done I ended up have no rear axle travel so it was mainly meant for on road use only I ended up getting 2 inch wheel spacers good ones that hold true to the rear axle rings but after that I ended up having turning clearance issues with the front end so the rear was fine then it was rubbing all over the front some tin snips and a sledge hammer and zip ties cleared tht all up in about 30 minutes the truck now is fully functional as it was stock and has zero issues with functionality I can max out the rear end angle and not have any rubbing and the front as well so id recommend if you plan on using for offroad use getting 2 inch wheel spacers all the way around 3 in is to much it will look stupid and be un safe in my opinion 2 in is more than enough and honestly I think I could have acheieved the front end height with the factory keys but still bought different indexed torsen keys rear coil spacers and wheel spacers and tires ofcourse and you will be perfectly fine I also nothiced with the wheel spacers it absords road conditions better it has a amazing ride now that I put them on the truck alsmost totally factory feeling I also crank the wheels a lot and max them out and have no cv I mean no cv axle boot proplems at all in any way so I wouldnt worry about that at all ive put a lot of miles on the truck and guaranteed theres no cv issues

Ansin529

Reaction score

I am looking at a kit just like this and was really looking for a write up like yours that documented how well it worked out. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts