4 inch Rancho lift, 34 inch tires and steel bumpers front and rear.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
What kind of millage are you getting out of your 2011 and what is your set up?

I have 33.5s that weigh 64 pounds each on billet wheels with stock 3.42 gears 6 speed tranny and 6.2 engine. I get 12-13 city and 14-15 highway. I think it would pick up some gas mileage if I went to 3.90-4.11 range for my tire size. If I went back to 35s I would gear to 4.56

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
I started with 3.08 in mine when I calculated changes 3.9 will be close to stock but I figure with the extra weight of bumpers, the lift and wheel weight and other off road equipment 4.11 sounds good. Right now with the 4.88 ( 2400 RPM @ 70 mph) it is way to far the other way for the highway and the 4.56 will only drop my RPM by maybe 200 and I don't think it will be enough to get me into the sweet spot. If I cruise at 1700 to 1900 RPM I average 17 to 19 mpg this is about the same as what I got before any modifications but at that RPM I am going around 50 mph... I think 70 mph at 1800 RPM might be best.

I must admit I like the low end right now for off road since I only have a single speed transfer But if possible I would like to install a 2 speed transfer in the future to address the crawl speed. Has anyone heard of someone doing a transfer swap? Can it be program to work with the on board computer?

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must admit I like the low end right now for off road since I only have a single speed transfer But if possible I would like to install a 2 speed transfer in the future to address the crawl speed. Has anyone heard of someone doing a transfer swap? Can it be program to work with the on board computer?

I don't see why you couldn't. If it was a option for that year, should be simple as swapping parts.
With that said, with enough time and money, anything is possible. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
Folbeck 4x4 re-geared my Tahoe a few months ago and I had taken it back to complain about excessive gearing noise in the rear end and how I thought the gearing they recommended was way too deep for my 33-inch tires. They didn’t think it was a big deal and downplayed anything being wrong. They initially offered to re- gear it for $1100.00 a few weeks later I also complained the front was making too much noise also. This is how well they stand behind their work and I no longer could trust them to do additional work on my Tahoe… It was time to find another shop.

So, I took it to a shop named Just rear ends and the following is what they found inside my differentials?

The rear gearing was not set up correctly by Folbeck and the gears were burned, and the differential was full of metal so it was going to hand grenade in the very near future.

My front gears were also set up wrong with extremely excessive back lash and were destined to fail soon too.

Good thing I decided to re-gear it now or I might have ended up getting stranded off road in the middle of nowhere.

The other shop also thought the 4.88 gearing recommended by Folbeck is way too deep and they recommend 4.11 would be a much better choice for my set up.

I will get it back tomorrow and let you guys know later how it turned out.

ColombiaPunk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think you're right to go 4.11. I run 4.56 on my trucks with 37"s+. 4.88 is way too steep.

The only comment I'll make about 4.11s though is that tire size is a drug... You'll be wanting 40's before long and then 4.88 will be more appropriate.

SWSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know the difference!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rancho doesn't have the 4" for a 2500 Burban... I think the 3" will be fine, especially with swapped bumpers.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
So far everything feels much better with the new 4.10 gears they are much better turning 1900 rpm at 70 the shifting is much better and I am sure after the learning phase it will be even better.

I installed a set of EBC rotors and EBC yellow pads on the front today what an improvement in breaking after breaking them in.

20171112_115806.jpg

I also installed a set of window visors

20171112_132422.jpg

I also decided to do a little paint work to accent the front end I think it needs something in the middle though maybe a hood scoop will work or maybe just some different paint work... 20171112_152902.jpg View attachment 186544

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs