2nd row Seat Belt (retractor)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xav8r

Reaction score
My 2nd row passenger side seat belt retractor has stopped working ... won't allow seatbelt to extend.

Has anyone removed/replaced one? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

I believe I have a part number from gmpartsdirect.com, and I may end up ordering a new one and trying to do this myself. Dealer wants over $400 for a simple r&r.

Specifically, I'd like to know how to remove/disassemble the rear trim hiding the seatbelt etc.

Thanks everyone ...

maduro

Reaction score
So not only did my son ruin the seatbelt in one of the 3rd row seats but now someone/somehow broke the mechanism for the belt on the middle seat 2nd row. The belt won't retract unless I manually feed it an inch or 2 at a time. Once I do that it wont let it out unless I yank it out. WTFFFFFFFF

What part #'s do you have?

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2nd row passenger side seat belt retractor has stopped working ... won't allow seatbelt to extend.

Has anyone removed/replaced one? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

I believe I have a part number from gmpartsdirect.com, and I may end up ordering a new one and trying to do this myself. Dealer wants over $400 for a simple r&r.

Specifically, I'd like to know how to remove/disassemble the rear trim hiding the seatbelt etc.

Thanks everyone ...

Seat belt failures are common. Definitely replace with new ones for safety. The bottom second row seat anchor is a bolt under a small trim piece. The top anchor is behind the rear panel and sill panels which are just held in by clips. Pull carefully. Sorry no pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mordy913