2nd Row Seat Adjustment Levers Rattling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tracked down two of my interior rattles. Both of the 2nd row seats, the levers/handles used to slide the seats forward and to slide and tilt are loose and flop around and rattle. Are these handles/levers loose on anyone else’s Tahoe/Yukon? Going the dealer next week for a bunch of rattles to get fixed and curious on this one if it’s just the design and they are all like this or if something is legit loose on mine.

Nord

Reaction score
I have this problem on my '21 Denali and it drives me nuts. If someone or something is in the seat then the rattle stops. Also if the seat is folded up it won't rattle either. At first I thought it might be the levers/handles so I put a piece of felt on the back of them but that didn't fix the problem. I think it might be under the seat in the base but I haven't been able to pinpoint it. It's definitely a plastic on plastic sound.

like2detail

Reaction score
Ditto. It's driving me nuts as well. I've find that if I fold the seat and put it back it will cure it for awhile. So far I've handled all of the dash rattles and the front passenger door but can't pinpoint one in the driver's window (literally sounds like the glass is bouncing in the frame) or this passenger side second row captain chair. 16k miles, almost ready to trade on an X7...

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I also have these rattles and many more. This is my second 21 Yukon (built a year later) and it still has rattles all over the interior. I have small pieces of black card board and foam stuffed in several locations. Still cant find the rear seat causes. Greased the latches underneath but it returns. Just like "like2detail" said, it seems to go away for a few days if you raise and lower the seats. I also have creaking noises coming form right rear passenger door. You barely touch interior door panel (arm rest, door latch area) and it creaks. So any road imperfections cause it to creak. I have paper stuffed in those crevasses which seems to help a little. Very poor quality with these trucks and I will not purchase another GM product. FYI, my first 21 Yukon was a lemon....sad..

frankdp23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have second row rattles as well in the captain chairs. Sometimes they stop for a few weeks, then each seat takes turns rattling, it is annoying. Also when it rains I hear a gurgling sound that I can't quite pinpoint where it is coming from. It sounds like the drivers side door but can't tell

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have second row rattles as well in the captain chairs. Sometimes they stop for a few weeks, then each seat takes turns rattling, it is annoying. Also when it rains I hear a gurgling sound that I can't quite pinpoint where it is coming from. It sounds like the drivers side door but can't tell
Might want to check your sunroof drains, that has been an issue...

rbromm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have this problem on my '21 Denali and it drives me nuts. If someone or something is in the seat then the rattle stops. Also if the seat is folded up it won't rattle either. At first I thought it might be the levers/handles so I put a piece of felt on the back of them but that didn't fix the problem. I think it might be under the seat in the base but I haven't been able to pinpoint it. It's definitely a plastic on plastic sound.
I have the same problem on my 2016 Denali. I saw a You Tube video that installed washers under the seat mounting pan bolted to the floor and tried that, even though I didn't see how that could possibly affect the latch height or engagement. Did not work. So today, I folded the seat down behind the drivers seat to isolate sides and installed a small section of bicycle inner tube to each latch point secured on each end with a tie wrap. The seat is slightly harder to latch down now but still does and this has eliminated my rattle. it is definitely in the seat latch assembly. Wrapping one layer of electrical tape my be better than the inner tube and I may try that if this continues to help.

rbromm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ditto. It's driving me nuts as well. I've find that if I fold the seat and put it back it will cure it for awhile. So far I've handled all of the dash rattles and the front passenger door but can't pinpoint one in the driver's window (literally sounds like the glass is bouncing in the frame) or this passenger side second row captain chair. 16k miles, almost ready to trade on an X7...
I had a rattle that I would have sworn was either the dash or the passenger window and finally found the problem by accident when I stepped on the forward part of my outside running board one day. Turns out it was in the inner wheel wheel on the passengers side, loose creaking spot welds. I drilled several holes near the spot welds and installed blind rivets and problem is gone. I would have bet my life the rattle was on the interior of the car and even disassembled much of the dash and drove it while trying to isolate it. May not be your issue but worth mentioning since poor spot welds are probably common.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh