2nd Row Seat Adjustment Levers Rattling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbromm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have this problem on my '21 Denali and it drives me nuts. If someone or something is in the seat then the rattle stops. Also if the seat is folded up it won't rattle either. At first I thought it might be the levers/handles so I put a piece of felt on the back of them but that didn't fix the problem. I think it might be under the seat in the base but I haven't been able to pinpoint it. It's definitely a plastic on plastic sound.
My 2016 back captains chairs were rattling and I found a temporary fix. I installed 2 short pieces of bicycle inner tube attached to the latch rod on floor with tie wraps. Seat is a little hard to latch down but does work if pushed firmly. Wrapping with layer of electrical tape might work better but haven't tried that. I did previously install the washers under the floor attachment pan bolts as recommended on a YouTube video but that didn't fix it. Made no sense as to how it would but I tried it anyway and didn't help.

Attachments

• IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 11

rbromm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Might want to check your sunroof drains, that has been an issue...
Try this fix for your rattling seats. I used short piece of bicycle inner tube attached to the floor attachment rods with tie wraps. A few wraps of electrical tape may work too. My seat is a little harder to latch down with rubber on seat attachment rod but it will latch down if pushed firmly.

Attachments

• IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 9

uclabruins32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ditto. It's driving me nuts as well. I've find that if I fold the seat and put it back it will cure it for awhile. So far I've handled all of the dash rattles and the front passenger door but can't pinpoint one in the driver's window (literally sounds like the glass is bouncing in the frame) or this passenger side second row captain chair. 16k miles, almost ready to trade on an X7...
Hey guys, having the same issue with my 22 Yukon Denali. Did you ever pin point the sound? Solution? Thanks!

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, having the same issue with my 22 Yukon Denali. Did you ever pin point the sound? Solution? Thanks!
My dealer figured it out and it hasn't rattled since. It did take them a fair amount of effort..but they knocked it out.

The work order didn't specify exactly what they did to fix it...or I would share that.

G-Frog

Reaction score
My dealer figured it out and it hasn't rattled since. It did take them a fair amount of effort..but they knocked it out.

The work order didn't specify exactly what they did to fix it...or I would share that.
Could you ask the dealership to find-out what they did please. My dealership has been looking every time I visit and they still haven't found anything.

Knowing what they did would be really helpfull to many of us who are experiencing the same problem.

Thanks

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you ask the dealership to find-out what they did please. My dealership has been looking every time I visit and they still haven't found anything.

Knowing what they did would be really helpfull to many of us who are experiencing the same problem.

Thanks
Was 13 months ago...they will not remember. I could try and find the work order at home and see how the described the issue.

G-Frog

Reaction score
Was 13 months ago...they will not remember. I could try and find the work order at home and see how the described the issue.
I thought that your issue was earlier than a year ago based on your post from 22 Mar 23 .

No worries then. I will try the Tape or bicycle tube fix to see if that works.

Thanks for the quick response!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop