2nd Question for my Newly/Oldie 06 XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this one goes a step above, blueooth to fm, usb to fm, + car voltage, usb charging and siri/google assistant integration

OP
OP
patateB-5

patateB-5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I have one on my other vehicle and the sound is unreliable. I'm an Ole' Guy and I get frustrated if I mis-out on part of the book...:boxing::emotions34:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I have one on my other vehicle and the sound is unreliable. I'm an Ole' Guy and I get frustrated if I mis-out on part of the book...:boxing::emotions34:
maybe a find older brand on ebay, the fcc made them crank down the power of fm transmitters a long time ago but there are older ones that pop up time to time. probably something from the early 2000's I think it was around 2004 the fcc made them cut the transmit power of portable fm

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from another 2006 XL Denali owner! Absolutely love my Nali! Like you I love the audio setup in these trucks as it has great sound quality, but was disappointed to see the big factory touch screen didn’t have Bluetooth on it. I swapped mine out for an aftermarket unit. I’m currently running a wireless Apple CarPlay enabled pioneer unit that also does Bluetooth and the unit is awesome! Nice wide touch screen but still has home and volume buttons on the bottom. It also has a backup cam attached to it which is priceless for these long body rigs. Like others have stated lots of headunits out there widely available that easily fit the stereo deck in these trucks. It all boils down to features you want and price points. I would highly recommend checking out crutchfield.com, enter your year, make, and model and it will generate a list of what’s compatible for the truck, and you can refine the search to add in criteria of must have features. The site will also let you know what supporting modules you will need to purchase additionally to retain steering wheel controls and the onstar audio chimes as that all runs through the Bose speakers and if you don’t retain that, you won’t have audio at all.

Crutchfield isn’t necessarily the cheapest place to buy the setup you want, but it’s a great source for comparisons on all the different systems and there’s usually a ton of reviews of each product to read through to help you make the best decision.

Edit: nice looking 97 burn!! We love pics around here so when you get a chance show off that XL Denali!

OP
OP
patateB-5

patateB-5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from another 2006 XL Denali owner! Absolutely love my Nali! Like you I love the audio setup in these trucks as it has great sound quality, but was disappointed to see the big factory touch screen didn’t have Bluetooth on it. I swapped mine out for an aftermarket unit. I’m currently running a wireless Apple CarPlay enabled pioneer unit that also does Bluetooth and the unit is awesome! Nice wide touch screen but still has home and volume buttons on the bottom. It also has a backup cam attached to it which is priceless for these long body rigs. Like others have stated lots of headunits out there widely available that easily fit the stereo deck in these trucks. It all boils down to features you want and price points. I would highly recommend checking out crutchfield.com, enter your year, make, and model and it will generate a list of what’s compatible for the truck, and you can refine the search to add in criteria of must have features. The site will also let you know what supporting modules you will need to purchase additionally to retain steering wheel controls and the onstar audio chimes as that all runs through the Bose speakers and if you don’t retain that, you won’t have audio at all.

Crutchfield isn’t necessarily the cheapest place to buy the setup you want, but it’s a great source for comparisons on all the different systems and there’s usually a ton of reviews of each product to read through to help you make the best decision.

Edit: nice looking 97 burn!! We love pics around here so when you get a chance show off that XL Denali!
Thank You. Well the truth is I already ordered and got the replacement unit for the truck.

-BOSS Audio Systems BV9358B Car DVD Player - Double Din, Bluetooth Audio and Calling, 6.2 Inch LCD Touchscreen Monitor, MP3 Player, CD, DVD, WMA, USB, SD, Auxiliary Input, AM FM Radio Receiver.

-Metra Electronics 95-2001 Double DIN Installation Dash Kit for Select 1994 - 2012 GM Vehicles.

-PAC RP5-GM11 Radio Replacement Interface With Built-In OnStar Retention/Steering Wheel Control Retention/Navigation Outputs for Select GM Class II Vehicles.

41d9lMOT2kL._SS142_.jpg51DikGt-cLL._SS142_.jpg

OP
OP
patateB-5

patateB-5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
None of this will be going in until the truck (Buddy!) comes back from the shop.
The truck has an issue with the clear Coat being bad and needs re-doing. Sending it over to Mexico to get it painted. Got quotes of $4,500 here and Na, Na ain't gonna happen. I'm a cheap Ole' Fart. Got a place I sent my last Suburban to be painted over there and they did a great job. Don't want to see the Cartel take over ownership of my Buddy with a new stereo system while there. So no new stuff going on until we see Buddy back home.
Here's a picture of it as it stands now. I'm day dreaming my day away. Aftermarket Hood, 2-3" Lift Kit. The stereo swap. And more.. I'm old and Bored. I always have a project going, as shown in the last picture. My 2 Finished projects.
P7270010.JPG

P6280001.JPG

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice ride! I had those same wheels on my truck for about a year and a half when I first stepped up to 20s! Good looking wheel option on these trucks! My truck had the same clear coat issued yours does! I got quoted 8k for a reputable shop here in soca to do it for me! I’m like I’ll have to save up for that one haha.

OP
OP
patateB-5

patateB-5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice ride! I had those same wheels on my truck for about a year and a half when I first stepped up to 20s! Good looking wheel option on these trucks! My truck had the same clear coat issued yours does! I got quoted 8k for a reputable shop here in soca to do it for me! I’m like I’ll have to save up for that one haha.
If I told you how much it is to paint it in Mexico, you'd say I was Lying. The 97' I got the sides, hood, barn doors and one small crash area on the back right quarter for $350+$100 for my friend to take it over. And it didn't look bad at all. I did the bumpers in Plasti-Dip and they came out great. I like working with Plasti-Dip. Easy on re-dos'.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take it down to TJ probably could rent a car and a hotel and get it painted and still have money in your pocket, right now $1 peso is .04 cent USD

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I told you how much it is to paint it in Mexico, you'd say I was Lying. The 97' I got the sides, hood, barn doors and one small crash area on the back right quarter for $350+$100 for my friend to take it over. And it didn't look bad at all. I did the bumpers in Plasti-Dip and they came out great. I like working with Plasti-Dip. Easy on re-dos'.

take it down to TJ probably could rent a car and a hotel and get it painted and still have money in your pocket, right now $1 peso is .04 cent USD
I have neither the time more the trust to drive my rig to Mexico and get it painted. First off it’s my primary work vehicle and I can’t work without it. And my work schedule is booked so far out right now that I can’t see straight. So until I have secondary vehicle to drive and a decent amount of time to drive it there and wait for it to be finished and bring it back, I can’t consider it. BUT….. I also could see my truck getting parted out lol. I just don’t trust it yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts