Need beta testers for a bluetooth adapter for 2002-2006 GM Trucks. You can keep it when we're done!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I created a prototype bluetooth adapter the integrates with the factory head unit of certain GMC trucks/SUVs 2002-2006. It was designed as a drop-in replacement for the accessory 6-cd changer in the lower dash found in many of these trucks, like my 2003 Yukon XL Denali. The steering wheel and head-unit controls can be used for selecting next/previous track, etc, and it displays the current song and artist. I want to see it if will work in other vehicles that have the same head unit, but don't have the 6-cd changer. If you have a setup like this, and want to give it a try, please reach out (reply here, send a pm, or use my gmail: clarkbremer). You'll need to pull the dashboard trim to get at the back of the head unit to plug it in. Like I said - if it all works out, I'll let you keep it when we're done testing!

z71_console.jpg

Last edited:

jwth

Reaction score
I would be interested in trying it out and letting you know how it works.
2003 yukon slt
what info do you need?

Thekidandy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any chance of this working with the factory nav setup? I have an 06 denali, currently using an old iSimple gateway box with a bluetooth adapter. While it works for music, it doesn't show track titles or artist info which would be nice to be able to see

OP
OP
clarkb

clarkb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any chance of this working with the factory nav setup? I have an 06 denali, currently using an old iSimple gateway box with a bluetooth adapter. While it works for music, it doesn't show track titles or artist info which would be nice to be able to see
No, it only works with the head units compatible with the 6-Cd changer.

OP
OP
clarkb

clarkb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2003 yukon slt
what info do you need?
Do you have the head unit with the single-cd slot? And the empty lower console slot as shown in the picture?

OP
OP
clarkb

clarkb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2003 yukon slt
what info do you need?
What head unit do you have? Does it have a single CD, or a 6-cd changer? Post a pic if you're not sure.

jwth

Reaction score
it has a single cd slot and holds multiple cd's
similar to the pic but without the tape deck slot

jtsongas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Yukon XL 1500 with a single CD unit but no tape in the deck and the tape slot in the upper empty slot you are showing.

Looks like this: Yukon XL Dash

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645