2nd Annual TYF Meet - Palm Beach International Raceway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sick1166

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi James its Andy with the airbag light you tech 2 for me all good
so is Jan 4 the new date ?

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi James its Andy with the airbag light you tech 2 for me all good
so is Jan 4 the new date ?

Yes, let's do January 4th so we have the potential to get more runs in and the track to not be as crowded. Will be easier for us to get together and chat and such.

Good to hear from you Andy.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About what time are we going to meet up there and where. I have never been there so that is why I am asking.

http://www.racepbir.com/images/stories/inside_trackdiagram_print.jpg

Gary, the gates open at 5:45 pm and they start racing at 6:30 pm. We're going to try and be there about that time depending on when my wife gets off of work. They were less than pleased with the concessions last time so I figure there will be trip to the Publix deli before we arrive too!

That link is the biggest map I could find. We pull in and pay at #7. The orange section is the drag strip. If you're racing, Tech is near the #12 about halfway down the track. If not, you can park near the other #12 behind the stands and near the concessions and restrooms. The yellow area just to the right of #14 are the staging lanes, where we line up to race.

@randeez Randy, can you confirm that this is still the way to enter, go through tech and stage and or park please?

It just occurred to me that non-racers are not allowed in the pit area (staging lanes) unless they have a wristband. Can you elaborate on that Randy? Do they strictly enforce it?

I'll be there with my dirty, black, Yukon XL, and I look like Santa Claus with a Sam Houston hat.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Gary, the gates open at 5:45 pm and they start racing at 6:30 pm. We're going to try and be there about that time depending on when my wife gets off of work. They were less than pleased with the concessions last time so I figure there will be trip to the Publix deli before we arrive too!

That link is the biggest map I could find. We pull in and pay at #7. The orange section is the drag strip. If you're racing, Tech is near the #12 about halfway down the track. If not, you can park near the other #12 behind the stands and near the concessions and restrooms. The yellow area just to the right of #14 are the staging lanes, where we line up to race.

@randeez Randy, can you confirm that this is still the way to enter, go through tech and stage and or park please?

It just occurred to me that non-racers are not allowed in the pit area (staging lanes) unless they have a wristband. Can you elaborate on that Randy? Do they strictly enforce it?

I'll be there with my dirty, black, Yukon XL, and I look like Santa Claus with a Sam Houston hat.

yup, enter at #7 off beeline highway - there's usually a few flags/banners out on beeline where the entrance is (there's an admin building or something off beeline thats not where you go)

$15 to spectate/$25 to race

if there is a somewhat large group parking together it would be better to go past behind the stands and park (where you can pull up to the side of the track near the timing boards). directly behind the stands is usually trailers/pits those guys get pissy if there's abunch of random cars in the way.

they're cool with people hanging out and wandering thru the staging lanes if they're prepping track or cleaning up - they usually run as many passes as they can 6:30-8ish then prep the track for 30 min or so. there's plenty of time to check out cars usually between break downs

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yup, enter at #7 off beeline highway - there's usually a few flags/banners out on beeline where the entrance is (there's an admin building or something off beeline thats not where you go)

$15 to spectate/$25 to race

if there is a somewhat large group parking together it would be better to go past behind the stands and park (where you can pull up to the side of the track near the timing boards). directly behind the stands is usually trailers/pits those guys get pissy if there's abunch of random cars in the way.

they're cool with people hanging out and wandering thru the staging lanes if they're prepping track or cleaning up - they usually run as many passes as they can 6:30-8ish then prep the track for 30 min or so. there's plenty of time to check out cars usually between break downs

Thank you James and Randy. I am not racing. I will be wearing a Miami Beach shirt.

I wish the food sounded better but might take my chances on something small just to hold me over till I go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia