285/70/17 ? possible ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i popped a tire last night and almost crashed. so time to buy a set of four tires. question is i have stock Denali 17" wheels. original tire size is 265/70/17. can i go up to 285/70/17 ? pros and cons please ? Thanks guys

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can fit them if you crank the keys. But it looks like your sitting a bit low in the rear.
So you may want to get rear spacers. Front keys are a good idea but may not be necessary.
I ran 285/70's with just cranking the keys.

You will see a slight drop in mileage not to bad.

There is a pic in my photos.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hassoun

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks man. my rear was sitting low because of some problems with my air ride. now its fixed. if i dont crank the keys you think i'll have some minor rubbing ? i've never cranked keys before. you ran your 285's by just cranking the rear and front ?

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of it before the drastic changes!.picture.jpgNo I left the rear alone I just cranked the front keys

Last edited:

KrautBurner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you "shouldn't" rub since you have stock wheels

the guys who have problems rubbing normally have aftermarket (wider) wheels with more offset

OP
OP
hassoun

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks nice. thanks for everything man. i think im going to stick with 285's and order them now. Thanks again. i got a deal on 4 Nitto 285's for $771. what do you think ? do you suggest any better brand ?

KrautBurner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the Nitto Tera Grapplers?

good tires,
but I like BFG A/T, Goodyear: Silent Armor Pro-Grade and DuraTracks better
all 3 have the "mountain snowflake" winter rating

OP
OP
hassoun

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the advice man. i just bought 4 tera graplers. They should be here on wednesday.