24x14 Offroad Wheels On An AT4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin good:peace:.
Do you have any kind of protective film on the body?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what I'm planning on doing next is getting a couple more felt fender liners and have my local lift shop modify and install them to hug the contours of the new cuts, for an ultra clean factory look.

Seeing as I had issues with my current brake calipers, I'm beginning to wonder what would happen if I installed larger calipers. That's something I'll have to consider. But for now, I'm just going to enjoy what I have.

That’s a good plan on the front liners. Now that you are not rubbing you can replace them and shape them to what they need to be and be done. They respond very well to a heat gun and you can add some rivets to hold them back.

Also; As far as the front brake calipers are concerned. You actually might find that you gain more clearance with a front BBK. I say this because of the extreme concave design of the spokes on your wheels.

With a larger rotor it’ll move the calipers out further to the edge of the rim, farther from the hub center where your spokes are closer to the front lip of the wheel. Which should offer more caliper clearance than smaller stock rotors which place your caliper closer to the hub center. Does that make sense?

sanman28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had tires sticking out kinda far on a super duty I used to have. Every dang puddle would get the sides nasty. Good thing u live in LA!

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had tires sticking out kinda far on a super duty I used to have. Every dang puddle would get the sides nasty. Good thing u live in LA!
I had an HD that had tires sticking out, made a mess on a daily basis.
That's why I was asking if he had any protective film on the body, something to make it easier to clean off.

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a larger rotor it’ll move the calipers out further to the edge of the rim, farther from the hub center where your spokes are closer to the front lip of the wheel. Which should offer more caliper clearance than smaller stock rotors which place your caliper closer to the hub center. Does that make sense?
Actually, it does. I didn't factor in the larger circumference of the rotor, which would push the caliper further away from the center hat of the rotor (2 piece) & rim spokes.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As others have mentioned get some PPF installed on your rocker panels and/or lower portion of your doors and rear bumper. With as much as those wheels and tires stick out you will end up beating the crap out of your paint with road debris and causing a ton of paint chips on the lower portion of your ride.

At minimum I would recommend getting some PPF put on this yellow portion:
j228BN2.jpg

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As others have mentioned get some PPF installed on your rocker panels and/or lower portion of your doors and rear bumper. With as much as those wheels and tires stick out you will end up beating the crap out of your paint with road debris and causing a ton of paint chips on the lower portion of your ride.

At minimum I would recommend getting some PPF put on this yellow portion:
View attachment 375778
If anything, I'd probably extend it to the crease line just above the door handles... If the rocks and gravel don't get me, the haters with their keys or sharp objects will.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent