24x14 Offroad Wheels On An AT4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These pictures were taken early this morning in the neighboring canyons, so I had to get it on the freeway to travel there. I still have to get use to going into highway curves, and I'm not sure how the brakes will perform with these much-heavier wheels going down long and steep grades, but one of my next upgrades will be bigger brakes. I'm thinking 6 or 8 pot brakes. It's between Brembo and Ceika... Ceika has much better looking brakes, their pads are Brembo compatible, and each brake set is customizable: https://ceika-store.com/collections/custom-brake-kits/products/cbk436

Attachments

• Glam 4.jpg
    Glam 4.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 13

sanman28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These pictures were taken early this morning in the neighboring canyons, so I had to get it on the freeway to travel there. I still have to get use to going into highway curves, and I'm not sure how the brakes will perform with these much-heavier wheels going down long and steep grades, but one of my next upgrades will be bigger brakes. I'm thinking 6 or 8 pot brakes. It's between Brembo and Ceika... Ceika has much better looking brakes, their pads are Brembo compatible, and each brake set is customizable: https://ceika-store.com/collections/custom-brake-kits/products/cbk436
What’s wrong with the GM accessory brembo offering?

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s wrong with the GM accessory brembo offering?
The calipers look a little small, and the rotors are pretty bland looking. The least they could have done is offered the drilled and/or slotted rotors for better cooling.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheels look good! That's a whole lot of rim and not a lot of tire, but they look good.

Assuming your brake caliper clearance issue was only up front? When that occurred did the back side of the spokes on your wheels get grooved out some as well as the surface of the front brake calipers?

How's the ride compared to your stock set up?

Glad to see you finally got them mounted up and are driving on them.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got a level on there, that shop did a great job trimming it up.

Good looking rig!

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheels look good! That's a whole lot of rim and not a lot of tire, but they look good.

Assuming your brake caliper clearance issue was only up front? When that occurred did the back side of the spokes on your wheels get grooved out some as well as the surface of the front brake calipers?

How's the ride compared to your stock set up?

Glad to see you finally got them mounted up and are driving on them.
That grinding did shave off some metal from both the front calipers and rim spokes. It was so bad to the point of the vehicle would not coast downhill freely. So, they eventually put a spacer on and the problem was solved.

The ride quality is okay so far, but I'm still adapting to making wider turns and the constant humming noise from the mud tires rolling on the pavement. It feels like I'm driving a tank, but it feels very solid and safe on the road. It's all a learning curve, there will be challenges with these wheels, and a list of things i won't be able to do like i did once before,, but that's the name of the game.

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took care of the rubbing and turning issue this morning, so I'm good. He shaved off more plastic from the lower part of the front bumpers near the fog lights, and removed two useless steel brackets near the floor board. Now, hard turns aren't an issue. Visually the cuts and additional shavings look clean, but I'm not satisfied. It's the OCD in me. So what I'm planning on doing next is getting a couple more felt fender liners and have my local lift shop modify and install them to hug the contours of the new cuts, for an ultra clean factory look.

Seeing as I had issues with my current brake calipers, I'm beginning to wonder what would happen if I installed larger calipers. That's something I'll have to consider. But for now, I'm just going to enjoy what I have.

Attachments

• 20220715_132958.jpg
    20220715_132958.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220715_133021.jpg
    20220715_133021.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited: