23 Tahoe High Country drivers side mirror got wacked, only broke the glass.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beavis991

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I already ordered the replacement glass that includes the blind spot, heater, etc. Does anyone know where I can find the instructions to replace this? When it happened the glass popped out and there were 4 metal clips that I was able to snap back in so I just had a really broken mirror. Do I just pry the glass back out and replace it with the new one?

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
I haven't done this on a GM car before, but with my Lexus RX350 and Porsche 911, it was literally just that. Pop out the old and pop in the new. There may be a wired clip that needs to be plugged in for the heated and blind spot functions.

Jay P Wy

Reaction score
Rock auto sells the mirror glass so it must come off. A quick search didn't come up with any videos.
If yours is already broken, finish breaking and figure out how it attaches. Older models you just pried the glass up.

Edit -> There will be wires for the heat, turn signal and dimmer attached to the glass depending on what the orignal has.

Last edited:

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a new glass on a Cruze last week. Aftermarket replacement snapped right in and they have electrical connections like OE. Not sure they are available for the '23 models yet. Easy install.

Silverado4x4

Reaction score
I already ordered the replacement glass that includes the blind spot, heater, etc. Does anyone know where I can find the instructions to replace this? When it happened the glass popped out and there were 4 metal clips that I was able to snap back in so I just had a really broken mirror. Do I just pry the glass back out and replace it with the new one?
You will have to finish breaking the old mirror as said and remove the clips from the old one that attaches to the mount inside, the new one should come with new clips but make sure you get all the clips positioned right before snapping the new mirror in and your wires connected also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willabea