22 Yukon Exhaust Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKF15E

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any updates on this issue? Has anyone had success contacting GM? Since Day 1 of bringing my 2023 Yukon XL home from the dealer (new), water mixed with black soot will leak out right after initial start of the day...no matter what time that is. It starts about 15" after start and only lasts about 10 seconds or so. The puddle it leaves is mostly water, but always has some black sooty material floating in the small puddle. I dropped it off at the dealer, and after the standard "we can't duplicate it", I showed them video and pics I took. They said it's normal to which I replied "why haven't any of the 3 Sierras, 2 Tahoes, Suburban, or other Yukon I've owned do this?" <Shrug> I've used them for all of the service on my other GM vehicles and they are normally do good work. Not going to accept "it's normal" on a nearly $100K vehicle. Thanks!

iamlegion

Reaction score
Any updates on this issue? Has anyone had success contacting GM? Since Day 1 of bringing my 2023 Yukon XL home from the dealer (new), water mixed with black soot will leak out right after initial start of the day...no matter what time that is. It starts about 15" after start and only lasts about 10 seconds or so. The puddle it leaves is mostly water, but always has some black sooty material floating in the small puddle. I dropped it off at the dealer, and after the standard "we can't duplicate it", I showed them video and pics I took. They said it's normal to which I replied "why haven't any of the 3 Sierras, 2 Tahoes, Suburban, or other Yukon I've owned do this?" <Shrug> I've used them for all of the service on my other GM vehicles and they are normally do good work. Not going to accept "it's normal" on a nearly $100K vehicle. Thanks!
If it’s not causing a mechanical problem or affecting your ability to own and operate the vehicle, why are you worrying about it?

AKF15E

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If it’s not causing a mechanical problem or affecting your ability to own and operate the vehicle, why are you worrying about it?
For starters, I don't feel like a vehicle should spew sooty water on my garage floor every time I start. Secondly, I'm getting tired of cleaning up said sooty smudges off my garage floor every few days. Is that OK? Give that I've owned over 10 GM vehicles over the years and a total of zero others have done this, I'd also say it's a flaw - either in design or with my particular vehicle. Thanks for asking.