'22 Dynamic Fuel Management

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RPO sheet for my '22 SLT says 5.3L w/ DFM.
I thought there was a time that they removed DFM from the pickups.
There is no indication on the dash when the DFM kicks in, although the previous gen had an indicator.
I guess we just take GM's word that it works? :)

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a small window with chip shortages where the V8's didn't have DFM and it was noted on the window sticker. The current gen trucks don't have a V4/V8 indicator.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RPO sheet for my '22 SLT says 5.3L w/ DFM.
I thought there was a time that they removed DFM from the pickups.
There is no indication on the dash when the DFM kicks in, although the previous gen had an indicator.
I guess we just take GM's word that it works? :)
To my knowledge, they never removed it for the SUV's.

Jettix2

Reaction score
In my ‘22 Burb 5.3, If I’m paying close attention, at around 45/55mph, once it shifts into top gear, I can see a momentary lag in instant MPG readout and then it jumps way up (when DFM seems to be engaging). It’s there, but it seems to be much better integrated than any previous vehicle I’ve had that had cylinder deactivation (a couple GMs and a couple a Honda 3.5 Vtecs)

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge, they never removed it for the SUV's.

There were definitely SUV's that didn't have them for a small window, I found some when we were searching for our '21 before I got the wife to commit to a diesel.

OP
OP
dancastro

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my ‘22 Burb 5.3, If I’m paying close attention, at around 45/55mph, once it shifts into top gear, I can see a momentary lag in instant MPG readout and then it jumps way up (when DFM seems to be engaging). It’s there, but it seems to be much better integrated than any previous vehicle I’ve had that had cylinder deactivation (a couple GMs and a couple a Honda 3.5 Vtecs)
Thanks!
I'll be sure to check this out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon