22” vs 20” wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Denali with 22's and I've never been impressed with the ride. It had approximately 62k miles on it when I bought it so it's hard to say if the mag ride shocks were bad but now both fronts are leaking. I've gone back and forth about switching to a 20 inch wheel because our roads are horrible and I'm sick of feeling EVERY bump in the road. I'm deleting mag ride and air ride so I'm sure it will ride better but I hate to spend money on 22 inch tires to be disappointed AGAIN with the ride quality.
Fix your issue first…the shocks.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But just wait until the construction is done...bahaha I-94 down near detroit area.....oh my!
In Michigan, road construction is never done. It's meant to fall apart after a couple seasons, job security for road crews.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Denali with 22's and I've never been impressed with the ride. It had approximately 62k miles on it when I bought it so it's hard to say if the mag ride shocks were bad but now both fronts are leaking. I've gone back and forth about switching to a 20 inch wheel because our roads are horrible and I'm sick of feeling EVERY bump in the road. I'm deleting mag ride and air ride so I'm sure it will ride better but I hate to spend money on 22 inch tires to be disappointed AGAIN with the ride quality.
A couple years back I rode in a friends escalade that had worn out/leaking mag ride shocks and it was by far the worst riding vehicle I've ever been in. Rough and bouncy, it was absolutely terrible so I'd say fixing your shocks is going to make a huge difference for sure. I also think the non air/mag ride shocks are fantastic and there is much less to go wrong. They don't just go out and leave your vehicle riding like shit...

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered these forged 2 -piece 4Play wheels in a 24x14 configuration earlier this week for my AT4. But with so many manufactures starving to replace their inventory, I'll have to wait a month for them to arrive at my doorstep. I'm also going with a size 33" offroad tire (Atturo Trail Blade 33x13.50r24), so I won't have to lift the vehicle much, if at all. If I did, I'd just go with a 2" leveling kit, or I may have to some NorCal modifications to get a full turn radius. But if I did, I'm okay with that as long as it doesn't look sloppy.

Attachments

• 4Play 4PF5 blk 2.jpg
    4Play 4PF5 blk 2.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 4Play 4PF5 blk 3.jpg
    4Play 4PF5 blk 3.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 4Play 4PF5 blk 4.jpg
    4Play 4PF5 blk 4.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 6

cdgtahoe

Reaction score
I ordered these forged 2 -piece 4Play wheels in a 24x14 configuration earlier this week for my AT4. But with so many manufactures starving to replace their inventory, I'll have to wait a month for them to arrive at my doorstep. I'm also going with a size 33" offroad tire (Atturo Trail Blade 33x13.50r24), so I won't have to lift the vehicle much, if at all. If I did, I'd just go with a 2" leveling kit, or I may have to some NorCal modifications to get a full turn radius. But if I did, I'm okay with that as long as it doesn't look sloppy.
My friend tried there wheels but had to return. Rub front calipers. Good luck with this wheels.

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have high sharp granite curbstones to navigate on entering/leaving our driveway and 3d-world roads all over Eastern Mass, so I did not take the dealer's invitation to swap our 18" OEM wheels for 20's. Maybe I should have. I'm still on the fence about it. The 20" wheels have almost the same amount of sidewall as the 18's, so I might have been as well off with 20" wheels. Ride and handling on the 18's with OEM Michelin LT's are excellent to me, but are probably better with 20's. I would not try the 22's in this environment, even though they look so good on the 2021-2022.

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have high sharp granite curbstones to navigate on entering/leaving our driveway and 3d-world roads all over Eastern Mass, so I did not take the dealer's invitation to swap our 18" OEM wheels for 20's. Maybe I should have. I'm still on the fence about it. The 20" wheels have almost the same amount (1/2 inch less) of sidewall as the 18's, so I might have been as well off with 20" wheels. Ride and handling on the 18's with OEM Michelin LT's are excellent to me, but are probably better with 20's. I would not try the 22's in this environment, even though they look so good on the 2021-2022.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend tried there wheels but had to return. Rub front calipers. Good luck with this wheels.
Not sure what size he got, but the wheels I got are grossly concave. I seriously doubt they will ever rub the calipers.... The wheel liner, and fender well, now that's a different thing. I've only seen one picture of a 2021/2022 Yukon/Tahoe with 14 wide on.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076