21' Yukon Denali 2WD Adaptive vs 4WD Premium Capability Package w/ Active Response

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster....

Looking to buy or order a 21' Yukon Denali here in the next week or so. The only thing I'm hung up on is the 2WD Adaptive Suspension vs 4WD Premium Capability Package w/ Active Response.

I will probably never go off-road with this truck so I'm thinking I can save a few grand and just get the 2WD but what will I be missing out suspension wise? Is it just the 4 corner auto torque/power management?

Does the 2WD version still allow you to adjust ride height? Does it still have an LSD for the rear?

Thanks for any insight.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really depends on where you live. If you are in the southern tier of states, 2wd would be fine and ride would be excellent. But if you live north of the mid belt of the US, people EXPECT these to be 4wd. You never see many 2wd for sale in the plains or midwest... But thru the southern rim they are more prevalent and accepted.
Tis better to have it and not need it them to not have it and need it, but that's just me....

OP
OP
M

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really depends on where you live. If you are in the southern tier of states, 2wd would be fine and ride would be excellent. But if you live north of the mid belt of the US, people EXPECT these to be 4wd. You never see many 2wd for sale in the plains or midwest... But thru the southern rim they are more prevalent and accepted.
Tis better to have it and not need it them to not have it and need it, but that's just me....

I'm in Houston so pretty flat and at most would take it on a road trip or two but mostly city driving. Also might use to tow on occasion.

Do you know if my assumptions above are correct? The only difference is that the 4wd has the 4 corner auto torque/power management? Does 2WD still have an LSD in the rear? I can't seem to find that info anywhere.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d have to say, I’m not an expert. Dealer may be one possible answer....

Holy Roller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2WD Denali has G86 mechanical limited slip.

4WD Denali with Z6E Premium Capability Package with Active Response 4WD has G96 electronic limited slip.

I live in serious snow and ice country and can get by just fine with a 2WD and G86 with four winter tires. But the G96 is the better choice if my wife is the one driving. Again, in snow and ice country.

For you in Huston I’d be surprised if you’d ever have a use for it. G86 is pretty much bullet-proof. G96 is a little finicky in that it’s far more complex than G86.

OP
OP
M

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2WD Denali has G86 mechanical limited slip.

4WD Denali with Z6E Premium Capability Package with Active Response 4WD has G96 electronic limited slip.

I live in serious snow and ice country and can get by just fine with a 2WD and G86 with four winter tires. But the G96 is the better choice if my wife is the one driving. Again, in snow and ice country.

For you in Huston I’d be surprised if you’d ever have a use for it. G86 is pretty much bullet-proof. G96 is a little finicky in that it’s far more complex than G86.

Good info, thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues