21+ Tahoe LED Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the leds. Did you leave them in the Tahoe. ? How are they holding up? Any issues? Messages?

Tenscourts

Reaction score
I have not had a single error since installation. I was told the listing would be up on the site today but if you don't want to wait any longer send them an email or call the number on the site. He told me he had already had someone reach out and he had sold a set. Hopefully it's listed by the end of the day.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not had a single error since installation. I was told the listing would be up on the site today but if you don't want to wait any longer send them an email or call the number on the site. He told me he had already had someone reach out and he had sold a set. Hopefully it's listed by the end of the day.
What is the site?

Tenscourts

Reaction score

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love the set up. But that 200 degree temperature in the relay gives me pause

Tenscourts

Reaction score
i love the set up. But that 200 degree temperature in the relay gives me pause
I can't remember where I found it but I believe operating temperature on these resistors is up to 315 degrees. The heat of the resistors was the whole point of the idea to locate them under the bumper. The 230 degree reading was with the vehicle sitting in reverse with the parking brake set so it wouldn't be normal to stay in reverse that long.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long was it in reverse to get to the 230 degree mark?
You may not know the answer to this next question.
How are the Yukon’s rear lights wired in? Would they simply plug into the Chevy harness or do they have additional resistors too?

Tenscourts

Reaction score
How long was it in reverse to get to the 230 degree mark?
You may not know the answer to this next question.
How are the Yukon’s rear lights wired in? Would they simply plug into the Chevy harness or do they have additional resistors too?
I don't remember how long it was in reverse but the Yukon lights are full LED. The issue is programming. The Yukons are meant to have LED so the computer looks for appropriate voltages. The Tahoe's are meant to have incandescent bulbs so the computer looks for that appropriate voltage. The ideal solution would be a reprogram of the computers but the new architecture of the electronic systems is encrypted and so far isn't reprogrammable. If you want error free LED tail lights on a Tahoe or suburban this is the only solution to my knowledge.

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember how long it was in reverse but the Yukon lights are full LED. The issue is programming. The Yukons are meant to have LED so the computer looks for appropriate voltages. The Tahoe's are meant to have incandescent bulbs so the computer looks for that appropriate voltage. The ideal solution would be a reprogram of the computers but the new architecture of the electronic systems is encrypted and so far isn't reprogrammable. If you want error free LED tail lights on a Tahoe or suburban this is the only solution to my knowledge.
It's still not up on their website yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts