2023 Yukon XL Denali Deal - Need your help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

g10r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all I'm in the midst of sorting out a '23 Yukon XL Denali deal.

Spec is: 6.2L V8/ White TriCoat/ MSRP of $95,364.

This was the first offer back from dealer. Didn't nudge much off the MSRP.

$93,991 purchase price / MF @ .00325 / Res. 56%

I'm in southern california.

Thoughts our purchase price and where I should aim to get this deal down to?

Attachments

• image_1.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 22
  • image_2.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ooof…10.5% sales tax…ouch.

These rigs around here still going for MSRP.
I’m not much of a lease guy, unless it’s your business leasing it…

So, MSRP + Tax + Title + License + Fees is what it would be here

OP
OP
G

g10r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ooof…10.5% sales tax…ouch.

These rigs around here still going for MSRP.
I’m not much of a lease guy, unless it’s your business leasing it…

So, MSRP + Tax + Title + License + Fees is what it would be here
Agreed on the 10.5%

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don’t you just buy that? You will put over $68,000 into that vehicle in 3 years with those lease payments and down payment.

OP
OP
G

g10r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why don’t you just buy that? You will put over $68,000 into that vehicle in 3 years with those lease payments and down payment.
Right - I always figured I could buy out at the end of lease but that adds up to $119k which is insane!

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@g10r and I’m not sure there’s much negotiation on a lease? Maybe if u buy u might come out better. I always lease my trucks and I get gms employee and whatever rebates are offered by GM and that’s the price.

SeniorJim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As a person who spent his working career in investments and planning for retirement, my advice is if you can't practically afford to pay cash for a vehicle then you should downsize your wants. Always amazing to me what monthly payments people are willing to subject themselves and their families to just to have the latest and greatest. I'm a car guy too but never purchased a vehicle on payments. As a result of this attitude over the years I was able to retire in my late 50's and now enjoy several nice cars. Doubelieve is correct, buy a 3 year vehicle and save yourself 50K. Heck of a lot of other thing you could accomplish with that money.

RubiconRider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As a person who spent his working career in investments and planning for retirement, my advice is if you can't practically afford to pay cash for a vehicle then you should downsize your wants. Always amazing to me what monthly payments people are willing to subject themselves and their families to just to have the latest and greatest. I'm a car guy too but never purchased a vehicle on payments. As a result of this attitude over the years I was able to retire in my late 50's and now enjoy several nice cars. Doubelieve is correct, buy a 3 year vehicle and save yourself 50K. Heck of a lot of other thing you could accomplish with that money.
This is the only answer you need to read

OP
OP
G

g10r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took your advice - just paid cash and avoided the interest rate all together. Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts