2023 Yukon Denali diesel vs 2023 Ram 1500 diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreenTahoe2004

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I cant answer for him, but for me, everything since 2007 is to hard, and to small. I am a big guy, and I just cant fit in these seats comfortably like I could in my 01 Tahoe, or 06 Esky.
I have a 2004 Tahoe LT and 2022 Tahoe z71 The front seats on the 2004 Tahoe are about 2 inches wider than the front seats in the larger 2022 Tahoe Correspondingly, there is about 2 inches less usable shoulder room for the driver. A long legged, broad shouldered driver will likely find his shoulder against the door pillar of the new Tahoes. In the Gen2 Tahoes, the same driver might have an inch to spare.

GreenTahoe2004

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm with you on the interior. I think the 2021+ interiors are a HUGE step down from the 15-20 GM SUVs, Grand Wagoneer, or Ram interiors. I'm hoping they do a mid-model refresh like the Silverados/Sierras. The refreshed Denali interior is really nice.

I want a Yukon XL with the 3.0L Duramax/10 speed, but I just can't get over how poorly done the interior is compared to my '17 Premier.
The front seats in the Gen5 Tahoe (2021 and newer)are about 2 inches narrower than those in the old Gen2 (2000-2006). The new seats feel like something from a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer. Perhaps the new GM ”full size” SUVs were designed by soccer moms for soccer moms. The Gen5 has less usable shoulder room, too.

kerlyb

Reaction score
Have wanted a 2023 Yukon Denali diesel for last two years. It is finally on the truck to the dealer. In meantime I bought a 2023 Ram Limited Diesel. Fully loaded. SO, would you trade for the Yukon? Why or why not? I know I will take it in the shorts on the trade.
I too own a 2023 Ram 1500 Limited with Ecodiesel. I love it and it's a keeper. I also wanted a Yukon Denali with baby Duramax since MY 2022 but no dealer wanted to sell less than MSRP...many asking over MSRP. Since my search started early 2022, I noticed GM increased prices year to year, to the point that I was not willing to pay $90k plus for a GM vehicle. This past December, I bought a 2023 Tahoe High County with Duramax I was able to negotiate for $14k less than a Yukon equivalent. Very happy with the Tahoe HC...mechanically it has everything the Yukon Denali has. IMO the Tahoe interior is very nice...just a smidgen less luxury than Yukon.

Comparing interiors to my Ram Limited...Ram is better. Ram has better seats, leather, quality materials, real wood trim, dash layout, navigation, audio system, 2nd row seating, & tons of storage. Also Ram 33 gallon fuel tank. Very comfortable for my long distance driving...20 inch Ram wheels vs 22 inch Tahoe wheels. I also prefer Ram diesel motor with 8 spd tranny. The GM 10 spd tranny is just too much...especially for towing my 5000 lb V nose cargo trailer. At highway speeds the Tahoe is usually in 5/6/7/8 gear vs Ram in 6/7 gear. The HUD in the Tahoe is the only thing I prefer over the Ram...bigger fonts/lettering/numbers for my 56 yr old eyes.

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completely agree with you on the interior. The Ram interior is leaps and bounds better than the GM. The Ram also has better road manners in my opinion.

I am not sure on the 10 speed.. I gave up on GM years ago. Almost bought a Ram Eco before I bought my Rivian.

tdebacker

Reaction score
The front seats in the Gen5 Tahoe (2021 and newer)are about 2 inches narrower than those in the old Gen2 (2000-2006). The new seats feel like something from a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer. Perhaps the new GM ”full size” SUVs were designed by soccer moms for soccer moms. The Gen5 has less usable shoulder room, too.
Listen. I daily drive 2022 Suburbans at my job, do valet, I own a 2017 Suburban Premier, and my dad has an '06 Sierra 1500.

The 2021+ SUVs are by far way bigger on the inside. Taller and definitely a lot longer, so way more 2nd and 3rd row leg room.

Guests feel a lot further away when sitting next to me orbehind me versus my 2017 or older ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan