2023 Yukon Denali diesel vs 2023 Ram 1500 diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cqmorrison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have wanted a 2023 Yukon Denali diesel for last two years. It is finally on the truck to the dealer. In meantime I bought a 2023 Ram Limited Diesel. Fully loaded. SO, would you trade for the Yukon? Why or why not? I know I will take it in the shorts on the trade.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the interior of the Ram is hugely better than the GM

Everything else I prefer the GM..

And thats why I have not bought either one.

I hate, HATE, hate, the interior of the GM. Love the truck.
Love the interior on the Dodge, but I have not trusted any product made by MOPAR since 2003. Stellantis/Fiat/FCA has a long way to go to earn my trust.

Although I am considering replacing my GMC with a Durango, or a Kia, maybe a Hyundai... Still not sold on the Rivian I have on order.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends. Yukon is an SUV, the Ram is a truck. Do you need to haul people or stuff?

All signs thus far point to the 3l Duramax being a very reliable power plant.

I love the interior of my Yukon, and get compliments every time someone gets in it. There are a few software quirks that are slowly being worked out.

Gets down to your use case. Trucks aren’t selling well right now, so you may indeed take a loss on the trade. No deals on the Yukon…

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@WalleyeMikeIII ive been hearing some of that as well about trucks not selling well, half tons that is. The price of trucks for the big 3 have become rediculous. In a 4 year span, the 2019 Silverado high country I had before was $64,000 sticker, loaded. That same truck now would be about $74,000. You used to get a very nice LTZ after tax for $50k, now your lucky if you could get it for $60k. They’re pricing themselves out of the market.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@WalleyeMikeIII ive been hearing some of that as well about trucks not selling well, half tons that is. The price of trucks for the big 3 have become rediculous. In a 4 year span, the 2019 Silverado high country I had before was $64,000 sticker, loaded. That same truck now would be about $74,000. You used to get a very nice LTZ after tax for $50k, now your lucky if you could get it for $60k. They’re pricing themselves out of the market.
Agree. I’ve got a 22 Yukon XL Denali, Sticker was 86,650. Build the same truck as a 23 and the sticker is 93,450. Crazy

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree. I’ve got a 22 Yukon XL Denali, Sticker was 86,650. Build the same truck as a 23 and the sticker is 93,450. Crazy
My 22’ Silverado high country I ordered in January of 2022 has gone up almost $6k since then. Really the last 2 years it has become insane the price jumps. My wife’s 21’ Tahoe has gone up about $6k also in 2.5 years

tdebacker

Reaction score
I think the interior of the Ram is hugely better than the GM

Everything else I prefer the GM..

And thats why I have not bought either one.

I hate, HATE, hate, the interior of the GM. Love the truck.
Love the interior on the Dodge, but I have not trusted any product made by MOPAR since 2003. Stellantis/Fiat/FCA has a long way to go to earn my trust.

Although I am considering replacing my GMC with a Durango, or a Kia, maybe a Hyundai... Still not sold on the Rivian I have on order.
I'm with you on the interior. I think the 2021+ interiors are a HUGE step down from the 15-20 GM SUVs, Grand Wagoneer, or Ram interiors. I'm hoping they do a mid-model refresh like the Silverados/Sierras. The refreshed Denali interior is really nice.

I want a Yukon XL with the 3.0L Duramax/10 speed, but I just can't get over how poorly done the interior is compared to my '17 Premier.

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
I'm with you on the interior. I think the 2021+ interiors are a HUGE step down from the 15-20 GM SUVs, Grand Wagoneer, or Ram interiors. I'm hoping they do a mid-model refresh like the Silverados/Sierras. The refreshed Denali interior is really nice.

I want a Yukon XL with the 3.0L Duramax/10 speed, but I just can't get over how poorly done the interior is compared to my '17 Premier.
Is the style gone down, or the quality of the material you think? I have no idea about the older ones, new to the scene.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the style gone down, or the quality of the material you think? I have no idea about the older ones, new to the scene.
I cant answer for him, but for me, everything since 2007 is to hard, and to small. I am a big guy, and I just cant fit in these seats comfortably like I could in my 01 Tahoe, or 06 Esky.

Pertzbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Ram Hemi 1500. 98K miles. Original brakes. They literally haven't been touched. Never once touched the tranny. I've had the exhaust manifolds warp which is common in the Hemi, wont be an issue for you - was under warranty. Had a AC compressor seize so it then blew the belt, also under warranty. Other than that it's been a great truck. Not sure why you're comparing an SUV to a Truck, but i think you'd be happy with both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts