2023 Yukon 3.0 Duramax Denali XL Order Timeline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Build Details;
2023 Yukon denali
Drive Type: 4WD
Trim: Denali
Engine: 3.0L Duramax Turbo Diesel
Color: Summit White
Interior Color: Black
Advanced Technology Package
Max Trailering Package
Sunroof
Power Assist Steps
Supercruise
No Rear Seat Media System (apparently impossible now?)
Adaptive Air Ride Suspension and Electronic Slip Differential
22” wheels

Timeline;
Early March, 2022, Original order for a 2022 Yukon Denali
Order was eventually changed by the dealer to a 2023 MY vehicle
Dealer refuses to provide any order number information, so I have no clue what is happening, ever. Sometimes he tells me "maybe next week" but other than that there is no real information about it ever.

who knows - maybe it shows up next week ready for you to buy...but that sounds more like a vehicle that hasn't been accepted yet and the dealer doesn't want to "lose" you as a customer...or if you want to go down the conspiracy hole, it's been ordered but they won't sell you "it" to you as long as they can get more for it somewhere else.

A year later and you don't have any documentation about anything? Of all the odd dealer moves that have been relayed on here, not giving the customer their order number has never been mentioned...because, well, that means the order probably wasn't placed

I'd find a couple other dealers to work with that are a little (lot) more transparent. And that doesn't mean you have to tell the original dealer you are shopping around

OP
OP
pruittatl

pruittatl

Reaction score
Talked with GM chat advisor yesterday and no update on the yukon. Still has a TPW of this week (2/27/23) and event code of 3400. She wouldnt give me anymore information than that. Anyone know how quickly you can get a VIN or event code of 3800 once you hit your TPW? Would it actually be built and finished this week?

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked with GM chat advisor yesterday and no update on the yukon. Still has a TPW of this week (2/27/23) and event code of 3400. She wouldnt give me anymore information than that. Anyone know how quickly you can get a VIN or event code of 3800 once you hit your TPW? Would it actually be built and finished this week?
Yes it just depends on what day in the week it’s built. On a previous order, I got my VIN on Wednesday of the TPW. I would say you should see a status change by Monday or Tuesday next week. Sometimes I feel like if you chat in too often, they don’t even check for an updated status and just tell you whatever they told you in the last update.

OP
OP
pruittatl

pruittatl

Reaction score
Yes it just depends on what day in the week it’s built. On a previous order, I got my VIN on Wednesday of the TPW. I would say you should see a status change by Monday or Tuesday next week. Sometimes I feel like if you chat in too often, they don’t even check for an updated status and just tell you whatever they told you in the last update.
haha I did kinda get that vibe from the person yesterday, she was kinda short with me over the chat. Maybe ill check tomorrow for an update and if not then check next week. I am sure these folks are used to people like us asking all the time for updates.

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha I did kinda get that vibe from the person yesterday, she was kinda short with me over the chat. Maybe ill check tomorrow for an update and if not then check next week. I am sure these folks are used to people like us asking all the time for updates.
You can ask them to email you weekly updates as well. That’s what I did.

DarkHorizon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealer should be able to provide a six digit order number right away. Your build has a lot of items that are commonly on constraint. Your dealer needs to receive an allocation for a shortie Yukon, Denali trim, 3.0L diesel, Max Trailer Package, Advanced Tech Package, etc. all in the same allocation period in order for your order to get accepted and scheduled by GM. I know Max Trailer is on 0% constraint right now which means zero Max Trailer builds are being built unless you order a Denali Ultimate. In my opinion, you would be able to get a Denali Ultimate faster than your build, but things could change at any time.
Ultimate adds almost $9k onto my build somehow, and honestly it doesnt seem to add anything other than the "ultimate" things and the stupid rear seat stuff.

bk_Dmax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ultimate adds almost $9k onto my build somehow, and honestly it doesnt seem to add anything other than the "ultimate" things and the stupid rear seat stuff.
Yep pretty much paying for the interior seats/speaker upgrade and the ultimate wheels. I looked into it as well. Also had dealers tell me they add on $5k to msrp on ultimates.

OP
OP
pruittatl

pruittatl

Reaction score
I don’t think the interior and seats look all that great on the ultimate imo. ‍The speakers in the headrest is a cool idea but it looks strange to me.

Last edited:

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm
Yeah basically just the "Ultimate" things, rear seat entertainment, vader chrome trim, wheels, sound system, and the massaging front seats. On my build, a fully outfitted Denali vs Denali Ultimate was right at $7K difference. My dealer is taking my GM Supplier on the Ultimate so I don't have to worry about unruly dealer markup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons