2023 Yukon 3.0 Duramax Denali XL Order Timeline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
pruittatl

pruittatl

Reaction score
This is the first time I’ve ever had to actually order a vehicle and where I wasn’t able to just get one off the lot at a dealership. the Process has been challenging for sure but now I hope GM doesn’t take forever to build and deliver it. my dealership is confident it will be 12-14 weeks till it’s delivered. So fingers crossed

Whitt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an update on my order as of today according to GMC Chat. Event code is still at 3000. I now have a Target Production Week of 3/13/2023.

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you consider trying to buy off the lot? I found my 2021 Black LT diesel Tahoe that way a year and a half ago. I used the website's locator and only put in one search criterion, diesel. I used a ZIP somewhere in the middle of the USA and a 2,000 mile radius. I found one at a dealer 50 miles away with no upcharges to sticker except $200.00 wheel locks. I probably would not have ordered 4WD and black was my second choice color, but I was able to get a diesel LT with no sun roof at sticker. I think some dealerships may have a harder time selling a diesel from inventory. IMHO the diesel is best, a fantastic engine that moves this big full frame SUV effortlessly.

OP
OP
pruittatl

pruittatl

Reaction score
I would 100% buy one off the lot but I havent been able to find a 3.0 anywhere for the Denali and the wife and I really wanted the bench seat in the 2nd row and it appears that MOST of the ones that the dealerships order have the bucket seats in the middle row, which makes sense, but not what we would like.

DmaxDenaliXL

Reaction score
I would 100% buy one off the lot but I havent been able to find a 3.0 anywhere for the Denali and the wife and I really wanted the bench seat in the 2nd row and it appears that MOST of the ones that the dealerships order have the bucket seats in the middle row, which makes sense, but not what we would like.
Denali+Diesel+2nd row bench=unicorn
I know this all too well as that is what I was after.
I only came across a few during the 2 years I was waiting for mine to be built. They were always pre-sold and never managed to get a dropped order. Calling Laura Buick GMC was what turned the tide for me. They were 3 months from deposit to delivery.

cqmorrison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Turned down my order last week due to constraint on max trailer and advanced tech. Hoping these are available in two weeks at the next order opening.

goldfinger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm selling my 2022 Denali diesel with the max tow package and second row bench seating, but it's a regular wheelbase not an XL, if you're interested send me a message.

OP
OP
pruittatl

pruittatl

Reaction score
Denali+Diesel+2nd row bench=unicorn
I know this all too well as that is what I was after.
I only came across a few during the 2 years I was waiting for mine to be built. They were always pre-sold and never managed to get a dropped order. Calling Laura Buick GMC was what turned the tide for me. They were 3 months from deposit to delivery.
Unicorn indeed my friend.. :(

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Searching the GMC site, I found 11 Yukon XL diesels of varying trims and colors within 250 miles of my ZIP code, four of them "in transit". If I change the distance to 2,000 miles, I get 114 diesel Yukon XL's.

I got the 2nd row bench but am still on the fence about it. It can be a PIA. I don't know whether our big Shepard would have sat between the seats when the cabin was full. If you have kids in car seats, you are going to need to put them next to each other (where they can trade blows) when you want access to the 3rd row.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17