2023 Tahoe/Vibration in the 30 mph range?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at 13k miles now, don't feel anything like what you describe.
I think the rumble likely occurs with those that drive less spirited. I drive like an old man; ease into the gas and ease out when slowing down. I think this causes the transmission to stay in a high gear longer, thus making me feel the rumble described. This way of driving may also allow the DFM to be more active, which again makes me feel that as well. Those that drive with a heavier foot likely see more shifts and less DFM activity. How is your driving habit? Curious if my theory is way off...

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the rumble likely occurs with those that drive less spirited. I drive like an old man; ease into the gas and ease out when slowing down. I think this causes the transmission to stay in a high gear longer, thus making me feel the rumble described. This way of driving may also allow the DFM to be more active, which again makes me feel that as well. Those that drive with a heavier foot likely see more shifts and less DFM activity. How is your driving habit? Curious if my theory is way off...
Yes. I'm very easy on the gas pedal in the and around the city.

I may speed on the highway, but very lite in and around town.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rarely press that throttle past about 1/3, my wife is always saying I "drive like an old man." To which I reply, "I am old!"

Net, I would not describe my driving as spirited in the least.

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So that rumble/shutter in the 30 mph range, which is worse when cruising at 40+ and you drop below 30 and slowly speed back up, is the transmission valve body.

The dealership spent 2 mins with it and said it's a known issue and that there's already a new redesigned valve body for the 21-23 trucks.

The part is on order and takes 2-3 weeks to arrive.

Awesome. Something else wrong with this truck.

Just a heads up.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driving style mimics yours.

Soontobefordlover

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So that rumble/shutter in the 30 mph range, which is worse when cruising at 40+ and you drop below 30 and slowly speed back up, is the transmission valve body.

The dealership spent 2 mins with it and said it's a known issue and that there's already a new redesigned valve body for the 21-23 trucks.

The part is on order and takes 2-3 weeks to arrive.

Awesome. Something else wrong with this truck.

Just a heads up.
Did this ever fix the issue? I’m having the same issue with a 2023 gmc Sierra right now

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I asked somebody the same thing, they said at first the valve body seemed to help but not long after it started back, hopefully it’ll fix mine for good.
My dealer said that there is a brand new version of the valve body. You had to make sure that they were replacing the valve body with the newest model. It's a 6-week lead time to get one of the new models. So the question is whether or not they used the older model or the new model.

Soontobefordlover

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My dealer said that there is a brand new version of the valve body. You had to make sure that they were replacing the valve body with the newest model. It's a 6-week lead time to get one of the new models. So the question is whether or not they used the older model or the new model.
Okay thanks for telling me that, I will make sure of that if they decide to change mine out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter