2023 Tahoe Premier Does Not List DFM on the window sticker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friend is considering buying one from dealer inventory and looking over the window sticker, no where does is mention Dynamic Fuel Management (DFM) nor does is says Not Equipped with DFM. They seemed to have made a conscious effort to downplay DFM?

2023 TAHOE 4WD PREMIER
EXTERIOR: BLACK
INTERIOR: JET BLACK
ENGINE, 5.3L ECOTEC3 V8
TRANSMISSION, 10-SPEED AUTO

PERFORMANCE & MECHANICAL
• MAGNETIC RIDE CONTROL
• MECHANICAL LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
• TRANSFER CASE 2-SPEED
• AUTOMATIC STOP/START ENGINE
• STABILITRAK
• ELECTRONIC PRECISION SHIFT
• HILL DESCENT CONTROL
• TRAILERING EQUIPMENT

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not this again lol.

Lots of stuff isn't listed when it's considered standard.

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask for a copy of the build sheet...it'll show on there.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is strange and you’re correct. I looked at 3 window stickers online for the 2023 models and there’s no mention of it. Also, the fuel mileage rating is one MPG less on the 5.3L motor window stickers I was viewing (showing 15 city, 20 highway…my ‘21 shows 16 city, 21 hwy).

Wonder if they gave up on that tech???

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe the stickers ever listed DFM. Good catch on the MPG difference though….

OP
OP
Z

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My point was not that they did away with, but that they don't blatantly advertise as they did in the past. Probably because of the bad reputation of DFM engines. According a friend who is in parts at local dealer, they stock all parts to R & R the lifters and its not uncommon for them to see 1 or 2 failures per month. Mine has failed 2x in 21,000 miles. First time, the replaced one bank and the last time they replaced all of them. 5 yrs or 60,000 miles and this truck will get traded in. Anyone would be crazy to buy a GM V8 engine vehicle out of powertrain warranty.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My point was not that they did away with, but that they don't blatantly advertise as they did in the past. Probably because of the bad reputation of DFM engines. According a friend who is in parts at local dealer, they stock all parts to R & R the lifters and its not uncommon for them to see 1 or 2 failures per month. Mine has failed 2x in 21,000 miles. First time, the replaced one bank and the last time they replaced all of them. 5 yrs or 60,000 miles and this truck will get traded in. Anyone would be crazy to buy a GM V8 engine vehicle out of powertrain warranty.
Loving the fact my dealer includes a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty on every new and used vehicle w/ 80k miles on it or less. Its got a lot of exclusions, but it does cover "Internally Lubricated Parts."

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not that serious and probably has no bearing on why it's not included. 2 a month ? I was doing transmissions all day everyday. Still doesn't mean that most fail. Keep beating the dead horse lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy