AFM/DFM on 2022 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimgeb

Reaction score
Does anyone know if my 2022 Tahoe has AFM/DFM or was it temporarily deleted from this year due to constraints? The owner's manual has two locations for AFM fuses for the underhood fuse block but the diagram on the actual fuse cover shows no such fuses. The window sticker nor any other documentation show any indication of AFM/DFM delete.

OP
OP
jimgeb

jimgeb

Reaction score
By the way I forgot to mention above that I have the 5.3L engine (L84).

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking a similar question. I just took a long road trip (1500 miles) and never knew if DFM kicked in or not. There were several stretches of road that were straight and flat where cruise was on for a while. I never noticed any noticeable changes in engine noise, no lights on the dash, or anything.

Thoughts?

I'm in a 2022 Z71 with a 6.2L.

OP
OP
jimgeb

jimgeb

Reaction score
Wish they kept the dash indication that told you when you were in AFM like in my 2015 Tahoe. The deletion of the AFM fuse is puzzling or maybe DFM is programmed into the Engine Control Module and doesn't have a separate fuse. Maybe I'll have to assume that I have DFM since it says so in the 2022 brochure. Only auto start/stop and steering wheel lock was deleted on my 2022 Premier.

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does your sticker say for engine type? I believe it will list “without DFM” if it doesn’t have it.

OP
OP
jimgeb

jimgeb

Reaction score
What does your sticker say for engine type? I believe it will list “without DFM” if it doesn’t have it.
It's the 5.3L engine, but no mention of DFM. While I was familiarizing myself with the fuse blocks, I was puzzled by the absence of the AFM fuses that were mentioned in the owner's manual and no mention of a DFM fuse, so I thought that maybe the DFM was deleted due to constraints. The only deletions listed on the window sticker were auto start/stop, which I'm glad I don't have, and the steering wheel lock, so I assume I have DFM.

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is strange…not too sure why it would be missing. On the silverados the engine type in the upper right corner of the sticker shows “5.3L ECOTEC3 V8 *W/O DFM*” if you don’t have it. I believe I read that’s the case for the SUVs as well. If you email your dealer they can pull the full build sheet which would confirm.

OP
OP
jimgeb

jimgeb

Reaction score
That is strange…not too sure why it would be missing. On the silverados the engine type in the upper right corner of the sticker shows “5.3L ECOTEC3 V8 *W/O DFM*” if you don’t have it. I believe I read that’s the case for the SUVs as well. If you email your dealer they can pull the full build sheet which would confirm.
I checked the window sticker and it only says "ENGINE: 5.3L ECOTEC3 V8" and does not say "DFM" or "w/o DFM". I'm still puzzled by the absence of the AFM fuse on the fuse block diagram and no mention of a DFM fuse. I'll discuss with my dealer as you suggested. Thanks.

OP
OP
jimgeb

jimgeb

Reaction score
It would be interesting to find out if the lifters fail as much even if AFM/DFM is deleted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B