Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traction and collision can turn on when other codes are present. Doesn't mean the ecm is faulty. Sheesh. Its is incredibly rare for a ecm to fail these days. You would have tons of body codes present and communication codes.

From the code he presented seems pretty easy to figure out. It's misfiring and has a injector 7 code. It's not rocket science.

To reiterate you don't have a lemon you have a crappy service department. Most issues people complain about here stem from misdiagnosing not the actual vehicle being a lemon.
Yeah. I agree. ECM issues are rare. Not impossible, so I mentioned anyway...

Really seems like more of potential electrical issue to me. Very possible a wire or connector loose or damaged.

My main suggestion is inline with yours. Find another service center. I wouldn't trust the current one very much at this point. P0207... Something very specific tripped that code.

They should have looked deeper and not just clear codes after holding onto the truck several days.

Last edited:

TrucksNStuff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Salesman at local dealer said they have 2 2023 Tahoes in for fuel injector issues, so it seems like a common issue. Parts are also on back order so they’ve been in the shop for weeks without being fixed.

MoonTruck

Reaction score
Salesman at local dealer said they have 2 2023 Tahoes in for fuel injector issues, so it seems like a common issue. Parts are also on back order so they’ve been in the shop for weeks without being fixed.
Yikes, the more I read through this forum the happier I am I stuck it out and waited for my 3.0 Duramax. I hope it ends up being very reliable.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea what that repair involves so I know what to expect? I'm obviously not a mechanic and given your background would appreciate the feedback
If it’s injector 7, it could be as simple as the plug not seated well on it, could be a failing injector; still super easy fix, or could be a bad wire/wiring harness; also an easy fix.

Agree w/ what was said here: get it to a reputable service shop; let them do their thing; move on.

Remember, it’s a machine, made by man, it can fail. That said; if it is fixed and they can explain the fix; recognize that is what your warranty is for.

Good luck!

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P.S.: I had a 93 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4 door that had an issue the dealer could not resolve after 2 attempts. They called in a regional guy from GM to come out and see what could be done. They did what he suggested the third time and was still a no-fix. When I mentioned invoking the MA state lemon law (which is an arbitration process), GM immediately offered to do a voluntary buy-back to resolve the issue with my new Blazer and make me happy again.

They paid off my loan in full, sold me another at true cost (factory invoice, not dealer invoice) and got me into a lower interest loan on the new one. I had more options than on the one GM bought back and ended up paying less per month than before!

I found out later, that because they bought the vehicle back outside the lemon law process, they could throw the Blazer back on another lot and not have to disclose anything. They could just sell to another customer and hope they never have anything resurface with the problems I was having. Once tagged as a lemon, all the problems have to be fully disclosed and the value of the vehicle drops considerably. Not many people really want to spend a lot of money for something labeled as a lemon... So, settlement outside the lemon law process before anything starts with that allows the company to resell the vehicle for full current retail or close to it.

That is how my problem was resolved. I was happy.
But, my problems were documentable and were present before and after attempts were made to fix it...
I did the same with a 2002 Bravada...... Got into an 03 Envoy.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it’s injector 7, it could be as simple as the plug not seated well on it, could be a failing injector; still super easy fix, or could be a bad wire/wiring harness; also an easy fix.

Agree w/ what was said here: get it to a reputable service shop; let them do their thing; move on.

Remember, it’s a machine, made by man, it can fail. That said; if it is fixed and they can explain the fix; recognize that is what your warranty is for.

Good luck!
Plus there is a lot more to fail these days. Based on the quality control issues I hear about with my former employer, I'm not sure I'd want to buy any new vehicle these days....

Yukon2021

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First time Tahoe owner (GM for that matter) and recently purchased a 2023 Tahoe LT brand new (first new car purchase). At about 300 miles I randomly got multiple errors and flashing check engine light with engine running rough(photos and error codes from OnStar diagnostic). Traction control error, forward collision disabled, service ESC, etc. I was almost certain it was the dreaded lifter issue but couldn't believe so early at 300 miles. I was able to make it back home and OnStar required I get it towed into the dealership. After sitting in the lot for a few days, the dealership reset the check engine light and everything was fine. Service attributed as a software anomaly. Brought it back home and fast forward 700 miles and the issue occurred with the exact same thing. 3 days before we are supposed to take it on the first long road trip for the holiday.

Anybody experienced this issue? Have a suggestion on what to do? Wondering what my options are because I'm getting to the point of demanding to trade it in and see what the dealer can do for me because two events where the truck is inoperable and had to be towed in less than 1000 miles for $65k+ is unacceptable. Appreciate the advice. Merry Christmas!
I had a very similar issue with my 2021 Yukon Denali. It gave me all kinds of error codes including the ones you are getting. It lost all power and had to be flatbed towed to dealership at 16,000 miles. They said they fixed it. Took it on a trip to the east coast a few days later and it broke down again this time we were 1700 miles away from
Holme. Long story short, it ended up being some kind of connection on the battery that was not staying connected. They replaced a
Special nut on the battery. I did end up filing a lemon lawsuit against gm. Took 5 months to finalize. Although they didn’t buy back the vehicle, I did get some cash in my pocket for all my troubles. I truly hate my Yukon. Also
All retainers from the heat shield fell out under the vehicle at about 10,000 miles so I heard a flapping sound from Uber the vehicle for a year before the
Dealership could figure out what it was.

StuckinMN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, your vehicle most likely sat on a lot outside somewhere waiting for parts (chips, what not).

Cars, especially new ones, need to be driven to keep things sealed up and working.

You could have has moisture in the gas and as it sat it caused permanent issues with delicate parts.

I need a newer vehicle but decided not to buy anything made during the pandemic onwards.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ******** state of this world is eroding customer service big time. Diagnostics, a'int nobody got time fo dat!

bella814

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First time Tahoe owner (GM for that matter) and recently purchased a 2023 Tahoe LT brand new (first new car purchase). At about 300 miles I randomly got multiple errors and flashing check engine light with engine running rough(photos and error codes from OnStar diagnostic). Traction control error, forward collision disabled, service ESC, etc. I was almost certain it was the dreaded lifter issue but couldn't believe so early at 300 miles. I was able to make it back home and OnStar required I get it towed into the dealership. After sitting in the lot for a few days, the dealership reset the check engine light and everything was fine. Service attributed as a software anomaly. Brought it back home and fast forward 700 miles and the issue occurred with the exact same thing. 3 days before we are supposed to take it on the first long road trip for the holiday.

Anybody experienced this issue? Have a suggestion on what to do? Wondering what my options are because I'm getting to the point of demanding to trade it in and see what the dealer can do for me because two events where the truck is inoperable and had to be towed in less than 1000 miles for $65k+ is unacceptable. Appreciate the advice. Merry Christmas!
I had this happen to me with my 2023 Z71 Tahoe, exact same thing, but I had 3200 miles on it.
Got it into the dealership the very same day and my service advisor immediately thought it was the lifter issue, he called later on that day and told me it was a fuel injector. Took about a week to get the truck back, mostly because of a fuel pipe that has to be shipped from Michigan and it’s a one time use only item that the dealers do not keep in stock. The labor on just the injector is only a couple hours if it’s a lifter issue it’s about 10 hours.
The truck is now on record as having a fuel injector issue. Any more issues regarding injectors or lifters are now in the system so I’m not really worried about lemon issues at this point.
In your case, I would probably say take it to a better GM dealership.