2022 Wont start after remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NYisles1

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the BCM update done at the dealer today. Going to start using remote start again and will report back here if any further problem. Hopefully this was the fix that puts this issue behind us.

Kimyd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does the Chevrolet headquarters know about this? I want to know if the solution is bcm update

Rojosox

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am also interested in this BCM update. I am picking up my Z71 this weekend and will inquire if it is completely updated before I leave dealership.

NaliWagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes brake lights worked. Tried service mode as per the manual -- all the lights came on but it still wouldnt shift into neutral (or start). Tow guys dragged it onto the flatbed and now i await the dealer. At least it was in my driveway and not on a road trip somewhere!

View attachment 360204
Everything described here just happened to me this evening. Had to leave my ‘22 Denali at the dealership since they were closed when it was dropped off. Hopefully, I can get everything reset in short order. I should also note for those who have yet to experience this - I’ve had my Yukon for 6 mos now, I have approximately 6300 miles on it, and have used my remote start religiously out of habit versus necessity. Guess it was my turn today. Thanks to all who have posted on this issue. Gives me a sense of relief to know it’s not a major issue.

Attachments

• 5C330055-A323-4555-8F53-DC32B1F95511.jpeg
    5C330055-A323-4555-8F53-DC32B1F95511.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything described here just happened to me this evening. Had to leave my ‘22 Denali at the dealership since they were closed when it was dropped off. Hopefully, I can get everything reset in short order. I should also note for those who have yet to experience this - I’ve had my Yukon for 6 mos now, I have approximately 6300 miles on it, and have used my remote start religiously out of habit versus necessity. Guess it was my turn today. Thanks to all who have posted on this issue. Gives me a sense of relief to know it’s not a major issue.

Wow! Need more pics of your ride and specs…love the blacked out chrome against that color!

Karrotjs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just read this thread tonight, since I had the exact same problem with my 22 suburban, I've been remote starting my vehicle for the last 11,000 miles, remote started today hopped in pressed the start stop button and engine turned off and would not turn back on. Waited maybe 15 minutes away from the vehicle and came back and it started. I will not be using my remote start anymore but I will be watching this thread for a few months to see if the people who got the BCM update still have any issues. Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread because it is immensely helpful to know you're not alone with crazy problems like these.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be dumb, but do you actually have to push the start button once you get into the vehicle? Since it is a smart vehicle it is running with remote start, it knows youve entered it and it knows the fob is inside as well, shouldnt it know its already in and just need to press the brake and select gear to go? As i dont have mine yet and i havemt seen the owners manual yet i dont know how this works.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be dumb, but do you actually have to push the start button once you get into the vehicle? Since it is a smart vehicle it is running with remote start, it knows youve entered it and it knows the fob is inside as well, shouldnt it know its already in and just need to press the brake and select gear to go? As i dont have mine yet and i havemt seen the owners manual yet i dont know how this works.
Yes, you do. Everything inside the vehicle is dead till that button is pushed with foot on brake, just like you were starting it from Scratch...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum