2022 RSE Apps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bam01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In our Honda Odyssey, we have been just streaming direct from our phones using a lightening/HDMI adapter and it works pretty slick. For toddlers you can control what they are watching from the front seat with the phone vs from having see what is on the screen like you would have to do with a firestick. If you take a call it does stop the stream but I tell myself I shouldn't be on the phone driving them anyways.... I envisioned someday I could use an old phone dedicated for the car with it's own data plan vs purchasing data on the vehicle itself. Added bonus if that works is that we could move the phone between the van and future Yukon XL (I've been waiting since May).

jr1229

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Agree, I have a firestick and it works well. I am hoping for something as simple as casting my phone through an app.

brandonaggie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to use the lightning digital AV adapter to connect iphone to hdmi and use phone content as a “source”?

OP
OP
M

Mumper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The fire sticks are a nice fallback, but I think it's crazy that we can see the apps in the video on this post but it's not in our cars. The manual shows apps and the website says it supports "wifi projection".

Where are these things?

RIZE_UP

Reaction score
Remember we paid $1995 dollars for something we get to make work, by plugging something else in we had to buy to make it work. No touchscreen functionality, when we do plug something in....or even cast something through HDMI. Not sure this is forward thinking... GM went backwards, really, really backwards. Haven't gotten my rebate check yet, still waiting for overcharging me and misleading customers.... but hey I got Google maps and an internet connection that the nice lady always comes on and tells me is not working (although I purchased an unlimited plan), so she can't look anything up. Just seems like this was rushed to market and no one really tested this whole Google platform out enough.
I love the fact that someone will figure out the gm android apk on the head unit that is basically an android tablet, running android 10, and will be able to upload a new apk that will unlock a whole new world on our main head unit.

brandonaggie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Remember we paid $1995 dollars for something we get to make work, by plugging something else in we had to buy to make it work. No touchscreen functionality, when we do plug something in....or even cast something through HDMI. Not sure this is forward thinking... GM went backwards, really, really backwards. Haven't gotten my rebate check yet, still waiting for overcharging me and misleading customers.... but hey I got Google maps and an internet connection that the nice lady always comes on and tells me is not working (although I purchased an unlimited plan), so she can't look anything up. Just seems like this was rushed to market and no one really tested this whole Google platform out enough.
I love the fact that someone will figure out the gm android apk on the head unit that is basically an android tablet, running android 10, and will be able to upload a new apk that will unlock a whole new world on our main head unit.
I had an issue with Onstar that since I used Paypal to pay my Premium plan the internet plan portion won’t work. It took three techs to notice that since At&t services the internet they need a credit card to charge. Perhaps this is your issue?

RIZE_UP

Reaction score
Anyone had any luck on this issue?
Nope... everyone at GM, and 3 different dealers are at a loss. No idea, how to get apps. For now, just going with the last dealer statement. "You get what you get and don't throw a fit". Been using Google chromecast + Google TV and a raspberry PI4, until GM finds the guy that wrote the owners manual. Maybe then we can get an answer.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021 Yukon AT4 owner…the screens on the 2021 have actually been one of the few things we haven’t had a complaint out of….I have an android phone and it connects every time via Miracast

the rest of the vehicle has been a roller coaster of emotions to say the least but the wife likes it so looking at ordering a 22

I checked the online builder and noticed that the rear media package was cheaper which led me to find out ”No Navigation”…searched online and found this thread.

Couple quick questions
Are the screens still touchscreen? - saw someone mention something about them not being touchscreen

Several posts have mentioned WiFi projection but haven’t been able to get it to work? Guessing there isn’t a button to toggle it on/off like in the 21s? Has anyone tried seeing if it’s just an open connection for you connect to (ie try to share screen without toggling the option on Yukon)? That’s how the newer TVs work whereas the older smart TV you had to select miracast as the input.

Have the USB C plugs been completely removed from the back of the console?

Last edited:

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021 Yukon AT4 owner…the screens on the 2021 have actually been one of the few things we haven’t had a complaint out of….I have an android phone and it connects every time via Miracast

the rest of the vehicle has been a roller coaster of emotions to say the least but the wife likes it so looking at ordering a 22

I checked the online builder and noticed that the rear media package was cheaper which led me to find out ”No Navigation”…searched online and found this thread.

Couple quick questions
Are the screens still touchscreen? - saw someone mention something about them not being touchscreen

Several posts have mentioned WiFi projection but haven’t been able to get it to work? Guessing there isn’t a button to toggle it on/off like in the 21s? Has anyone tried seeing if it’s just an open connection for you connect to (ie try to share screen without toggling the option on Yukon)? That’s how the newer TVs work whereas the older smart TV you had to select miracast as the input.

Have the USB C plugs been completely removed from the back of the console?
'22 At4 -- still has the two USB-c ports and two HDMIs. Screens are touchscreen. Looks like the GMC website now shows the Wifi projection is with an android -- we have iphones so havent gotten that to work.

Pretty much agree with other posters that the '22 system is a ripoff. The GMC site now markets these as a way to bring your own device to play and not much else-- which is fine but it would have been much cleaner if they just pre-loaded them with apps like any smart tv you buy (for far less by the way).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645