2022 RSE Apps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'22 At4 -- still has the two USB-c ports and two HDMIs. Screens are touchscreen. Looks like the GMC website now shows the Wifi projection is with an android -- we have iphones so havent gotten that to work.

Pretty much agree with other posters that the '22 system is a ripoff. The GMC site now markets these as a way to bring your own device to play and not much else-- which is fine but it would have been much cleaner if they just pre-loaded them with apps like any smart tv you buy (for far less by the way).
Appreciate the feedback.

And agree as far as the cost/benefit of the screens with a little over half of all cell phone users in the US (% range from 53%-60%) and this system is useless with an iPhone.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoping what went on here is that the '21 RSE wouldn't work with the new '22 infotainment so they pushed the vehicles out with limited rear seat functionality but they can eventually do an over the air update to build some back. Probably wishful thinking but since I've already purchased might as well be optimistic lol.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange, here is a dealer walking through a '22 that clearly has Hulu and youtube apps built into the RSE. Maybe some of the '22's were built with the apps preloaded and others not.

22 Denali

therealbofa

Reaction score
I went to download more apps this weekend and was pretty disappointed with the selection. My 22 definitely doesn’t have Hulu or YouTube yet.

itsmike2k

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im really disappointed, we just got a 22 XL Denali we traded in our 17 xl Denali. We have a Hard drive with movies and shows for our kids and the fact we now have to have a firestick or ipad plugged into the HDMI is ridicules, what is the point of touchscreen if you can only select hdmi 1 or 2??? Seems like a major step back from not only the 21 but the 17 I had previously!! i mean atleast the 17 had a built in DVD/Blu-ray. Anyone figured out any work arounds or hacks yet?

itsmike2k

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And what about watching something on the front screen, my 17 would let me watch on the front when the car was in park??

Edlee321

Reaction score
This rear seat entertainment is worthless without local USB playback, I am planning on filing small claims lawsuit to get my $1995 back, everyone should submit a ticket to Chevy, GMC and Cadillac about this as well.

Driver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 22 with the rear screens on order and this is very disappointing. Has anyone tried to access the settings on the screens? Are they android based? Is there a web browser of any kind? If so there may be ways to add apps.

Denal1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We just got a new 2022 RST Tahoe with rear seat media. The website and manual both say apps are built in and it supports WiFi casting but we can’t figure it out.

I just saw this YouTube today that shows build in YouTube and Hulu. Anyone know how we access this?

Did you ever figure this out? We've called GM multiple times, I've tweeted them (completely useless), we've spoken to dealer (still awaiting the latest response from them). The dealer originally said the vehicle doesn't come with the apps, but after we showed him the video he said he'd look into it again. Dealer has been great but it's not really a local problem. Corporate should be able to give us an answer. I just tweeted Mary Barra so maybe someone from her office will take ownership and get us an answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63