2022 order cutoff to 2023 order-to-availability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would imagine, if anything, GM would cutoff retail orders before dealer stock orders for a designated model year.
clarification - I meant RETAIL as in Sold or Stock vs FLEET. (rental, fleet management sources like for company cars, etc)

OP
OP
S

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First I've seen of this - but this is great info, even if taken with a grain of salt.

It does indicate that the timelines mentioned are mostly on point: 2023 orders starting in a few weeks with production beginning in August. Hope that's true, but moreso hope that production begins with fully-featured vehicles!

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the order cutoff for 22s seem off? Has anyone ordered since? A few local dealers claim to be taking orders still…although I suspect they know they’ll be flipped to 23 but just don’t want to disclose this.

RVAHokie

Reaction score
Does the order cutoff for 22s seem off? Has anyone ordered since? A few local dealers claim to be taking orders still…although I suspect they know they’ll be flipped to 23 but just don’t want to disclose this.
That graphic is for fleet orders so their cutoff is earlier than retail

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doh….completely miss the previous posts stating so. Sorry about that!

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
Looks like another Chapman Ford in the NJ/PA area is publicly offering 2% off invoice pricing on new Expedition orders. It joins a list of other Ford dealerships advertising ordering an Expedition below invoice: https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/now-ordering-2022-expedition-at-2-under-invoice.50348/

Koons Woodbridge Ford (5% below invoice)
Granger Ford (3% below invoice)
How long are the orders for Ford? I may have to jump ship as my Denali diesel hasn’t gained much traffic

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long are the orders for Ford? I may have to jump ship as my Denali diesel hasn’t gained much traffic
I'm not exactly sure.

From time to time, I'll browse this forum:

And just skim for the thread title that has the furthest out build date and add 2-4 months on top of that since the thread date is people who have received a notification from Ford that their F150 is scheduled for a build.

Now I don't think there's that level of granularity on the Ford Expedition forums.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ford shut down their 2022 super duty truck ordering a month or so ago...rumor mill is that they won't even start taking 2023 orders until late fall

Skud

Reaction score
I’m in the same situation. Ordered a Denali XL diesel in sept of 2021. Still not accepted.

Ordered an Expedition Max Stealth Performance about two weeks ago and its already scheduled for production the week of 6/20.