2022 order cutoff to 2023 order-to-availability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure.

From time to time, I'll browse this forum:

And just skim for the thread title that has the furthest out build date and add 2-4 months on top of that since the thread date is people who have received a notification from Ford that their F150 is scheduled for a build.

Now I don't think there's that level of granularity on the Ford Expedition forums.

I’m in the same situation. Ordered a Denali XL diesel in sept of 2021. Still not accepted.

Ordered an Expedition Max Stealth Performance about two weeks ago and its already scheduled for production the week of 6/20.
That's about what I expected with the Expedition judging from F150 order to production timelines.

Do you know why the Denali XL was not accepted?

Right now I'm looking to wait until sometime in 2023 to order. I think there will be significant pressure on GM to get this situation resolved when its competitors start increasing production (Ford, Stellantis, and Toyota) and having potential customers like yourself switch based on who can delivery sooner.

... and if I'm willing to wait into 2023 to order, I might as well wait until May 2023 to see what the improvements will be for the 2024 models since that will be a mid cycle refresh.

Skud

Reaction score
Do you know why the Denali XL was not accepted?
Constraints. I ordered the Denali XL with the premium package and everything except for the rear seat entertainment (RSE). This worked out to be an ultimate minus the RSE.

There was always something in my order which was under constraint. My understanding of the GM order process is that my dealer would need to be given allocations for everything that was under constraint in order for it to be accepted. So, the chances of a Denali XL, Diesel, with all the constrained options getting allocated to a single dealer (that’s not a “mega” dealer) are pretty slim to none.

Apparently, Ford does it differently? There are still constraints, but the customer orders aren’t taken from the dealer’s normal allocation - which makes sense. Because why should I, as a customer, have to search out and find a dealer with the allocations to the specific constrained features for the vehicle I want/need? It’s unfair to both the customer and the dealer.

If I want a vehicle it shouldn’t matter where I want it from.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Constraints. I ordered the Denali XL with the premium package and everything except for the rear seat entertainment (RSE). This worked out to be an ultimate minus the RSE.

There was always something in my order which was under constraint. My understanding of the GM order process is that my dealer would need to be given allocations for everything that was under constraint in order for it to be accepted. So, the chances of a Denali XL, Diesel, with all the constrained options getting allocated to a single dealer (that’s not a “mega” dealer) are pretty slim to none.

Apparently, Ford does it differently? There are still constraints, but the customer orders aren’t taken from the dealer’s normal allocation - which makes sense. Because why should I, as a customer, have to search out and find a dealer with the allocations to the specific constrained features for the vehicle I want/need? It’s unfair to both the customer and the dealer.

If I want a vehicle it shouldn’t matter where I want it from.
I believe this is the case. There is zero discussion about allocations over on the Expedition forum. Plenty of discussion about build dates getting moved out and certain features not being available, but the whole allocation hoop-la is not an issue in the Ford world. For awhile there, Ford was offering extra cash credit to customers if they custom ordered their rig. I don't think they do that anymore, but Ford jumped on the "custom order" route early on and has been pushing to be more build to order.

I think someone on this forum mentioned in another thread that their dealer mentioned GM was moving toward a "build sold orders first" plan. Who knows if that's actually going to happen, but as Skud mentioned, it shouldn't be up to the customer to find a dealer that has "allocation" in order to get what they want.

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently GM accepted our order last week and got a TPW of 5/30 today...Not sure what model year and what is missing from our order yet, but I'm guessing wheels and RSE are missing at least.

RVAHokie

Reaction score
Apparently GM accepted our order last week and got a TPW of 5/30 today...Not sure what model year and what is missing from our order yet, but I'm guessing wheels and RSE are missing at least.
It’s a 22. They haven’t switched over to making 23s yet

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are NO RSE for ANY 22's. It's done for the remainder of the year

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First I've seen of this - but this is great info, even if taken with a grain of salt.

It does indicate that the timelines mentioned are mostly on point: 2023 orders starting in a few weeks with production beginning in August. Hope that's true, but moreso hope that production begins with fully-featured vehicles!
that's still FLEET order info. Different dates...

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
I’m in the same situation. Ordered a Denali XL diesel in sept of 2021. Still not accepted.

Ordered an Expedition Max Stealth Performance about two weeks ago and its already scheduled for production the week of 6/20.
Test drove a Max Stealth Performance last night

Engine performance is very nice, that large SUV moves…sounds like a toy though :(
I assume the diesel doesn’t sound much better on the Yukon. Yukon with the 6.2 is a slug in comparison

Dark Matter Gray is a really nice color, does a great job of accenting the Stealth Package…kinda muted in black and doesn’t look right in white (I love white cars with black accent)

Didn’t feel like I was driving a big vehicle. When test driving a 21 Yukon, I felt like I was in a beast. Similar feel for the Escalade. The Expedition Max felt more like my 07 Yukon XL size wise

Suspension was a little bumpy, but also felt really good in a slight aggressive driving situation (dealer grabbed the handle and braced himself)

The big screen was odd, I’m sure I’d get used to it as screens get bigger and bigger

The red calipers were cheesy looking to me, they seemed small and attached to some baby rotors. The tires were incredibly boring, like they swapped them with a Camry. Wheels were very nice though, they just need a more aggressive looking tire attached to them (not necessarily the Timberline tires which is a very cool package)

Looking through the rearview mirror was annoying, the rear seats seem really tall and the headrest on the rear seats were ugly. They really should have the camera rearview mirror

Interior design was ok, the seat cushions were probably a little too soft, almost felt like a sponge when grabbing.

Steering wheel was really weird, felt really big, like a school bus big.

Rotors, tires, and overall interior are the downsides for me. They all seemed cheap…especially on an $86k MSRP SUV

On the plus side, it seems like you could actually get these

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Test drove a Max Stealth Performance last night

Engine performance is very nice, that large SUV moves…sounds like a toy though :(
I assume the diesel doesn’t sound much better on the Yukon. Yukon with the 6.2 is a slug in comparison

Dark Matter Gray is a really nice color, does a great job of accenting the Stealth Package…kinda muted in black and doesn’t look right in white (I love white cars with black accent)

Didn’t feel like I was driving a big vehicle. When test driving a 21 Yukon, I felt like I was in a beast. Similar feel for the Escalade. The Expedition Max felt more like my 07 Yukon XL size wise

Suspension was a little bumpy, but also felt really good in a slight aggressive driving situation (dealer grabbed the handle and braced himself)

The big screen was odd, I’m sure I’d get used to it as screens get bigger and bigger

The red calipers were cheesy looking to me, they seemed small and attached to some baby rotors. The tires were incredibly boring, like they swapped them with a Camry. Wheels were very nice though, they just need a more aggressive looking tire attached to them (not necessarily the Timberline tires which is a very cool package)

Looking through the rearview mirror was annoying, the rear seats seem really tall and the headrest on the rear seats were ugly. They really should have the camera rearview mirror

Interior design was ok, the seat cushions were probably a little too soft, almost felt like a sponge when grabbing.

Steering wheel was really weird, felt really big, like a school bus big.

Rotors, tires, and overall interior are the downsides for me. They all seemed cheap…especially on an $86k MSRP SUV

On the plus side, it seems like you could actually get these
Thanks for the review.

I expected drivetrain performance to feel faster than the GM products due to the HP, TQ, and gearing.

I'm curious as to how Stellantis's High Output Hurricane will feel as it has even more power. Not sure if I trust a first or second (or third) year Stellantis powertrain other than the ZF 8 speed transmission.

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
Thanks for the review.

I expected drivetrain performance to feel faster than the GM products due to the HP, TQ, and gearing.

I'm curious as to how Stellantis's High Output Hurricane will feel as it has even more power. Not sure if I trust a first or second (or third) year Stellantis powertrain other than the ZF 8 speed transmission.
I have a problem trusting anything from Stellantis, but then again I don’t really trust GM or Ford either

Bad warranty experiences from all 3 over the years